Register Now
skyfire

Which recorder you use for Game recording on PC?

Apowersoft. The program is free, and the company watermark is so small in the recordings, viewers will hardly notice it. I have been using this free online screen recorder for many years now, and I have no criticism and would recommend it all day long.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:35 AM, skyfire said:

neve rreally used the Relive. I do have AMDs processor on one of the laptop. I use the Aurora but not the relieve. I guess I have to check it out. Heard a lot about microsofts new gamebar too which updated this october. 

Since it's an AMD Laptop, i believe it either has a Ryzen APU or a Ryzen APU with a secondary Nvidia GPU,  which means you are still able to use Shadowplay and Relive, i would recommend Relive over Aurora as it comes with decent codecs that are made to fit with your GPU for better experience when recording or streaming

Honestly I have had better experience with Windows Capture system then I have with OBS.. Now don't get me wrong OBS and other aftermarket recordings have better features however when youre their to grab something quick and small. Windows has provided everything for you with a couple of taps on the keyboard.

On 1/2/2021 at 7:31 AM, Patrik said:

Since it's an AMD Laptop, i believe it either has a Ryzen APU or a Ryzen APU with a secondary Nvidia GPU,  which means you are still able to use Shadowplay and Relive, i would recommend Relive over Aurora as it comes with decent codecs that are made to fit with your GPU for better experience when recording or streaming

Have to check it out. I am just new to the AMD ecosystem so that is kind of limiting me so far on the exploration. Have to hang out on AMD specific forums. 

I use OBS to record meetings and other events I am involved in for work stuff. It works really well for what you're asking. It's also pretty easy to learn. I learned it fairly fast all on my own. That's really the best thing you can do, is just mess with it some and see how it works. Once you see how things work, it's pretty self explanatory. 

On 8/19/2020 at 1:20 PM, skyfire said:

I think some of the good gaming streams can be captured with Elgato but to be honest never needed it to begin with. 

You probably don't need an Elgato capture device if you're capturing PC gameplay. Your GPU should be able to handle that no problem. If you're playing consoles and such, you may have to get a capture device for that. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

You probably don't need an Elgato capture device if you're capturing PC gameplay. Your GPU should be able to handle that no problem. If you're playing consoles and such, you may have to get a capture device for that. 

Yeah, as a normal user i don't see any point in buying a capture Card if your GPU comes with decent recording codecs, you will need a capture card only if you are benchmarking PC parts (CPU/GPU/Rams), so you can have the net results without having the recorder affecting your performance in the background.

Used many options the passed. My first free easy to use software was called FRAPS, and it was good. Offers to record game and sounds and display your FPS in the corner of the screen. Most users use that software just to see the FPS. But since it was free it doesn't record at 1080P and sounds tracks are all in one.

For paid, then I use and have mirillis Action, lifetime licence.  https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

screen recorder allows streaming and real-time recording of Windows desktop in a superb HD video quality. With Action! you can record and stream your gameplay, web player videos, record music, capture screenshots, add webcams, microphone commentary... and more!

But never used it much as I used to. If you are streaming than OBS 🙂 and yes OBS does also record 🙂 so why use anything else but OBS LOL

Same, I don't like how you got to pay each year. I mean if you were a streamer and using OBS and or streamlabs services and want to get more options and power you got to pay $15 a month. Even with Moobot and wizbot. 

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Same, I don't like how you got to pay each year. I mean if you were a streamer and using OBS and or streamlabs services and want to get more options and power you got to pay $15 a month. Even with Moobot and wizbot. 

One of the main reason I haven't gotten into streaming as yet is the cost of certain software subscriptions. Add to the amount of time and at the moment, it just isn't feasible.