Register Now
killamch89

Favorite cold item to make on a hot day?

On 7/6/2019 at 9:35 PM, The Blackangel said:

I’m easy to please. A cold Pepsi, unsweetened iced tea, or a bottle of Fiji water. If it’s really hot then I just pop a couple cold packs and use them.

I can't believe nobody has even brought up Caprisuns or kool-Aid. I mean, I love my Kool-Aid with lots of sugar (it's a black thing apparently) - like one cup full of diabetes. I once had my friend Kayla from the US make me some kool-aid and all I tasted was the pure kool-aid. When I asked here how much sugar she put in it, she takes up 3 tablespoons of sugar - I was looking at here real funny because I was like I didn't want any colored water XD.

I always doubled up the recipe for Kool-Aid. 2 flavor packets and a minimum of twice the sugar. Unfortunately I can't drink it now simply because of the sugar. I got told several years ago that I was in the pre-diabetes stage, which scared the shit out of me. I cut sugar out of my diet almost entirely. To this day I'm actually afraid of sugar, because diabetes is one disease that I've been afraid of getting all my life. The only other one is Alzheimer's. I'm not worried about anything like cancer. That and heart disease run in my family. So I expect them eventually.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I always doubled up the recipe for Kool-Aid. 2 flavor packets and a minimum of twice the sugar. Unfortunately I can't drink it now simply because of the sugar. I got told several years ago that I was in the pre-diabetes stage, which scared the shit out of me. I cut sugar out of my diet almost entirely. To this day I'm actually afraid of sugar, because diabetes is one disease that I've been afraid of getting all my life. The only other one is Alzheimer's. I'm not worried about anything like cancer. That and heart disease run in my family. So I expect them eventually.

Luckily, I exercise and am active so I tend to burn off most of if not all of the sugar and heart disease does run in my family as well but I have been lucky not show any symptoms of it yet.