Register Now
The Blackangel

Craziest Nintendo accessories

What are the most lunatic accessories that Nintendo ever released in your opinion? To me, it’s the Power Glove. It never worked. I always assumed it was released for games like Punch Out. And since it didn’t do shit there either, I had assumed that there were supposed to be games made specifically for use with it. None that I’m aware of ever came out. I mean the zapper was self explanatory and worked well. As did the Super Scope. But that damn glove is a black mark on Nintendo’s past.

Edited by The Blackangel

Nintendo Labo is pretty... interesting.  I find it hilarious that Nintendo released pre-cut cardboard with games they built to support the cardboard.  I'm sure it has its values but I just can't see how this isn't taking advantage of brand name for sales.  

On 10/29/2019 at 11:21 PM, killamch89 said:

The Nintendo power glove wouldn't look out of place in a Power Ranger Series or any sci-fi movie of the late 80s/early 90s

On 10/29/2019 at 11:24 PM, killamch89 said:

Not going to lie I also had the Nintendo Power Pad at home. It and the rifle for Duck Hunt were my two first gaming accessories if my memory serves me right.

Haha oh my word, they sound like pretty neat concepts but the execution may not have been very good. Either that or too early for it's time. There must be a reason they didn't continue making these with newer consoles.

5 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Most of the accessories for Wii sports where crap, just a waste of plastic.

wii-sports-accessories.jpg

I remember this too. My question was always, what, exactly, does this crap add to the gaming experience? There is no electric attachment. All it does is show people that you had $60. I'm still searching for a reason other than that. My best friends mother is a tennis nut and got herself a Wii so that she could play any time she wanted and actually bought this shit. I got one, and I'll admit that I enjoyed the Wii Sports that came with the system. The boxing and bowling were the two I had the most fun with. However I never needed or used this junk. But alas, as already stated, I still have yet to find a reason for this pointless junk.

Edited by The Blackangel

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I remember this too. My question was always, what, exactly, does this crap add to the gaming experience? There is no electric attachment. All it does is show people that you had $60. I'm still searching for a reason other than that. My best friends mother is a tennis nut and got herself a Wii so that she could play any time she wanted and actually bought this shit. I got one, and I'll admit that I enjoyed the Wii Sports that came with the system. The boxing and bowling were the two I had the most fun with. However I never needed or used this junk. But alas, as already stated, I still have yet to find a reason for this pointless junk.

True is just plastic, the zapper or wii gun was kinda understandable, but this is pure junk and a lot of junk came out for the Wii when it comes to accessories. 

On 10/31/2019 at 1:15 PM, DanTheGamer said:

Haha oh my word, they sound like pretty neat concepts but the execution may not have been very good. Either that or too early for it's time. There must be a reason they didn't continue making these with newer consoles.

Imagine launching one of these in these times? Nintendo would be flamed on social media and it'd probably flop anyways.

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

True is just plastic, the zapper or wii gun was kinda understandable, but this is pure junk and a lot of junk came out for the Wii when it comes to accessories. 

Nintendo has always been handing out Junk accessories since the beginning of time...I get thinking outside the box but there's a thing known as going too far. I'm surprised that the power glove didn't come with power suit and matching goggles turning you into the complete clown...

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nintendo has always been handing out Junk accessories since the beginning of time...I get thinking outside the box but there's a thing known as going too far. I'm surprised that the power glove didn't come with power suit and matching goggles turning you into the complete clown...

meh I dont think so, crap like this appears every season or so, I dont think its a big deal for anymore, Just look at all the stands and grips that have appeared for the Switch.

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

meh I dont think so, crap like this appears every season or so, I dont think its a big deal for anymore, Just look at all the stands and grips that have appeared for the Switch.

Yeah, I don;t make a big deal of it either - I just thought that the power glove would come with a power suit and you'd look like a power ranger while gaming...