Register Now
Martin Berisford

If you could only have the one console..

If you could only have one console, past or present, for the rest of your life - which console would you choose and why? For me, being an XBOX boy, I think I'd stick with my trusty XBOX mainly because it's what I know and if I have to stick with one forever, I might as well stay affiliated with the one console I definitely know how to work! I feel like the games would get boring after a while though and I'd want some juicy PS exclusives. 

What about you? What console would you pick and why? 

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Even though I own an Xbox one, I'd go for a Sony Console because they always have some very awesome PS exclusives that are always top-quality so I'd vote for the PS4.

If there was a such thing as a PS4 that had full reverse play all the way, I might possibly go for that. But otherwise, I would stick to the NES.

43 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If there was a such thing as a PS4 that had full reverse play all the way, I might possibly go for that. But otherwise, I would stick to the NES.

The patent released for the upcoming PS5's technology seems to highlight a form of backwards compatibility which would theoretically make compatible with all previous generations of Sony games from the various consoles. the problem is that we don't know if Sony will ultilize its maximum potential.

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I am sure people will continue to use the PS series for years to come until something changes in the industry.  To some extent the mobiles have managed to change things around. 

Actually, mobile gaming on a hold has started to be on the decline except for platforms like the Nintendo Switch. i think it has to do with the fact that aggressive monetization in mobile games is turning away a good portion of gamers.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, killamch89 said:

The patent released for the upcoming PS5's technology seems to highlight a form of backwards compatibility which would theoretically make compatible with all previous generations of Sony games from the various consoles. the problem is that we don't know if Sony will ultilize its maximum potential.

Taking into consideration the issues they had with the PS3-PS2 reverse, I had no idea that was possible. But then again, technology has advanced a hell of a lot since the PS3 was released, so I guess anything is possible. If they do release a PS5 with full reverse play, I'll definitely be picking one up after a year or two when the prices go down and there's more games available.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Taking into consideration the issues they had with the PS3-PS2 reverse, I had no idea that was possible. But then again, technology has advanced a hell of a lot since the PS3 was released, so I guess anything is possible. If they do release a PS5 with full reverse play, I'll definitely be picking one up after a year or two when the prices go down and there's more games available.

I might just get back into console gaming if they do offer full backwards compatibility as well. I do technically own an Xbox one (I gave it to my cousin since I hardly play it), but there aren't a lot of exclusives for the console.