Register Now
killamch89

The Reason Why Lootboxes Need To Be Banned

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

FIFA has recently added the LGBT and Women football version too. I think that would again cut the market in half for them. Forceful diversity always hurts the business. 

That is not what we are discussing here - this video gives a convincing argument that lootboxes need to be banned due to their impact on children.

On 7/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, skyfire said:

FIFA has recently added the LGBT and Women football version too. I think that would again cut the market in half for them. Forceful diversity always hurts the business. 

Diversity is not a bad thing. There’s going to be things that one demographic will be interested in that another won’t. It’s a good policy to include everyone. Also, no one is forcing anyone to buy anything. If it’s something you don’t want, don’t buy it.

There has been a whole host of stories coming out since this one a few weeks ago and the UK government turn a blind eye to it. I just cannot fathom why they'd not even make the correlation between lootboxes and gambling and realize it is a form of gambling.

22 hours ago, skyfire said:

Most of the in app purchases and the lootboxes in the android games seems to be pretty off putting the gamers. I hope this changes by the 2020 from what I have heard. 

The UK government has said that lootboxes aren't technically gambling because it doesn't have any direct monetary value per se.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The UK government has said that lootboxes aren't technically gambling because it doesn't have any direct monetary value per se.

Yes same as the betting in the dream league type of apps. Same way the lootboxes arent illegal. But they are more on unethical side and also more of like exploitation. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Yeah and dolphins aren’t mammals because they don’t have hair.

The worse part is, I'm not even shocked that UK government would screw this up somehow. I mean, look at how they handled Brexit - I wouldn't trust them to do anything properly.