Register Now
kingpotato

Papers Please

Papers Please is a passport stamping game (that's right - I just looked it up on Youtube). I'm not sure what to tell you because I'm not sure you'd enjoy this kind of gameplay. It seems quite dull and repetitive although the NPCs sound pretty hilarious.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Papers Please is a passport stamping game (that's right - I just looked it up on Youtube). I'm not sure what to tell you because I'm not sure you'd enjoy this kind of gameplay. It seems quite dull and repetitive although the NPCs sound pretty hilarious.

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

Just looked at the YouTube and checked it's gameplay. Looks good, but indie game so not sure how many would even review it.

Yeah I also look it up on youtube before, I saw a meme about it and I was wondering what it was exactly about. Looks weird

I hear it's really good, despite the subject matter. Unfortunately for me, it hit way too close to home when I first tried it. It was too similar to my job at the movie theater at the time, so I stopped playing because it felt like work. I entertained the idea of revisiting it as of late, but I'm not sure. Watching Jacksepticeye play it (twice) was entertaining though.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:56 AM, SpaceExplorer said:

For some reason this game got popular lately and I've seen it being mention everywhere. I don't really understand it as it's been released in, what, 2013? Seems charming, though.

I'm not quite sure why either but I'm not very interested in playing it all.

I’m lucky enough to have played Papers, Please and it’s an excellent indie game. Thing is, it’s not meant to be a super fun game per se, as it’s more an experiential game with a message. It’s such an interesting game, and like @Executor Akamia mentioned above, it’s sort of meant to feel like work in a way. That’s kind of the point. Definitely worth checking out but just a warning: It’s not a very “fun” game in the traditional sense. But it’s brilliant nonetheless.

Edited by DylanC