Register Now
StaceyPowers

Headcanon workarounds

Do you ever try to think up workarounds for things in video games that would otherwise bother you by coming up with an explanation in your own head?

For example, I find the voice acting of the Inquisitor in Dragon Age Inquisition to be extremely monotone. So I have told myself, since I am playing a mage, that she is a Tranquil, and that this is why she speaks like this.

This is my beef with the transition from Mega Man X to Mega Man Zero.

Omega is using Zero's Mega Man X frame supposedly, but he comes out as a palette swap of Zero as he is in the Mega Man Zero games that boss fight occurs in. There's a laundry list of reasons I take issue with this portrayal, but I've managed to come to terms with it with the explanation that Zero simply received another upgrade between the X series and the Elf Wars in the Zero series backstory. This is why Zero appears the way he does when the series starts and why Zero's old frame (in use by Omega) looks exactly like he does currently. As for why the old frame lacks Zero's Z-Buster, I don't know what to say. Zero's use of said buster has been on the decline since X4, though, so perhaps eventually he had it removed to reinforce his Z-Saber specialization. But both Omega and Zero in the Zero series have guns anyway, particularly pistols, and they effectively serve the same role in their arsenal that the Z-Buster did.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:42 AM, kingpotato said:

Ah yes, In Skyrim whenever I encounter a game crashing bug I just tell to myself that my warrior had to go back to deal with a personal issue while I reset my Xbox 😆

I chalk it down to the Dovakhiin being stuck in an alternate dimension battling the deadras - it happens all the time. 🤣

@killamch89 Good point lol.

@kingpotato What personal issue? =D

I had kind of a funny moment with this the other night while playing Oblivion, which I recently started. I walked into a village and someone started a conversation with me, but I couldn't see him. I was right about to try and come up with an in-game explanation for why a glitch was making him invisible, when he announced to me, "I bet you are wondering why I am invisible." 

I was honestly shocked it wasn't a bug.

51 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

@killamch89 Good point lol.

@kingpotato What personal issue? =D

I had kind of a funny moment with this the other night while playing Oblivion, which I recently started. I walked into a village and someone started a conversation with me, but I couldn't see him. I was right about to try and come up with an in-game explanation for why a glitch was making him invisible, when he announced to me, "I bet you are wondering why I am invisible." 

I was honestly shocked it wasn't a bug.

I'd have burst out laughing because that is just hilarious! Did the game's environment start to loop endlessly?

It normally depends on the situation where the bug happened, for example if it happened while traveling I just imagine that the Dragonborn went to rest , same thing if he was in a town, If it was during combat I like to imagine that he got injured and my followers had to rescue him and retreat.