Register Now
StaceyPowers

Name a game you've played you doubt anyone here has heard of

Underta– nah, just kidding. Everyone and their great grandparents has heard of that one by now.

Melody's Escape is a bit of an obscure one. It's kind of what you get when you combine BIT.TRIP RUNNER and Audiosurf. Like BIT.TRIP RUNNER, the object of the game is to dodge obstacles on an autoscrolling course, and you need to perform specific inputs to do so. Like Audiosurf, the course is generated based on your choice of music.

It even has Steam Workshop support, so you can reskin the player character however you please. I have skins based on the Mega Man franchise, myself; I think I had a Mega Man Zero-style Zero skin on last time I played.

Okami for the Nintendo WII was a brilliant game with you taking the role of the Sun goddess Amaterasu who takes the form of a white wolf and goes around wielder her divine power which is a paintbrush (unique concept but it works very well with this game.) You can wield that paint brush to do slash attacks, create bombs among other things - In many ways it is a typical action - adventure game but the unique paintbrush system is what really sells it.

On 7/13/2019 at 7:59 PM, Executor Akamia said:

Underta– nah, just kidding. Everyone and their great grandparents has heard of that one by now.

I have never heard of Underta. I tried googling the game, including screenshots but couldn't find anything. What kind of game is it?

OMG I had forgotten all about Pooyan. I played that game so much I had dreams about it for weeks on end. My fingers were moving in the motions of playing the game all day even if I wasn't anywhere near a video game. Like when I was at school. I would drift off and start playing the game in my mind and completely blank out from what was happening around me. I wish I still had it, but at the same time I'm glad I don't

On 7/13/2019 at 4:00 PM, The Blackangel said:

Legacy Of The Wizard

Blaster Master

Mario Bros (NOT SMB!!!)

Taboo The Sixth Sense (supposedly a cursed game)

You mean the Mario Bros with the stage with pipes on the sides and the pow cube in the middle ?

On 7/15/2019 at 10:05 AM, killamch89 said:

Okami for the Nintendo WII was a brilliant game with you taking the role of the Sun goddess Amaterasu who takes the form of a white wolf and goes around wielder her divine power which is a paintbrush (unique concept but it works very well with this game.) You can wield that paint brush to do slash attacks, create bombs among other things - In many ways it is a typical action - adventure game but the unique paintbrush system is what really sells it.

Ah yes I also played it on the Wii, I think that was the best version since you use the Wii mote as a brush, although its a very easy game and thats one thing I didnt liked.

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

You mean the Mario Bros with the stage with pipes on the sides and the pow cube in the middle ?

Yes that's the Mario Bros I'm talking about. people ALWAYA assume I'm talking about SMB, and try to convince me that I'm wrong. It seriously pisses me off, when I can show them the god damn game cartridge and they still say I'm talking about SMB.

8 hours ago, kingpotato said:

same here, Undertale ? I googled it as well

Undertale, yes. Played the hell out of it. I'm assuming "Underta" is a typo at this point. I make them in almost every post and don't notice them until it's too late to edit the damn thing.

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Ah yes I also played it on the Wii, I think that was the best version since you use the Wii mote as a brush, although its a very easy game and thats one thing I didnt liked.

Added to the fact that the game was also a bit short which is why it probably didn't register on most people's radar.