Register Now
StaceyPowers

Opinions on Mr. House in Fallout NV?

My first playthrough of New Vegas glitched into oblivion. On my second playthrough, I’ve been prioritizing the main quest line so that I can actually complete it this time.

I got to the point where I had to decide what to do with Mr. House, and I wound up trying really hard to spare him. But I got stuck murdering him because of his attitude toward the BoS. I’m not a BoS fan by any stretch, but I just couldn’t walk in there and murder all of Veronica’s family just because he hated them.

I found his character elicited a mixture of pity, admiration and disgust from me, and deciding what to do with him was one of the more complicated decisions to weigh out in a video game.

New Vegas fans, what did you think of Mr. House? And what did you decide to do with him and why?

@kingpotato @DylanC

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

@kingpotato He actually irked me personality-wise, but when I learned more about what he was trying to do, I concluded that he really did care about his mission to save humanity. But I just couldn't bring myself to spare him.

True, at the end of the day he was evil and regardless of how great of a character he was he did deserved to die or at least I think it was more fun killing him.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:27 PM, StaceyPowers said:

My first playthrough of New Vegas glitched into oblivion. On my second playthrough, I’ve been prioritizing the main quest line so that I can actually complete it this time.

I got to the point where I had to decide what to do with Mr. House, and I wound up trying really hard to spare him. But I got stuck murdering him because of his attitude toward the BoS. I’m not a BoS fan by any stretch, but I just couldn’t walk in there and murder all of Veronica’s family just because he hated them.

I found his character elicited a mixture of pity, admiration and disgust from me, and deciding what to do with him was one of the more complicated decisions to weigh out in a video game.

New Vegas fans, what did you think of Mr. House? And what did you decide to do with him and why?

@kingpotato @DylanC

Yep, I’m with you guys on this one. Always thought Mr House was kind of a sinister bad guy underneath it all. Wasn’t a big fan, and ended up killing him in the end IIRC.