Register Now
killamch89

How Do You Go About Buying Video Games

Personally, I usually base my video game purchases on personal "cravings" at that point in time. For instance, I may have an urge to play a fighting game so I'll look for a recently released fighting game, do some research on the game and if I decide to give it a try, I'll search some reputable online seller's website for any discounts and get the game if it falls within my budget. If not, I may just try some random fighting game from a few years back that is highly rated. How about you? Are you an impulsive buyer or a bargain hunter or is it a game you've been waiting to buy for a while?

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I’m mostly an impulse buyer. I’ve been burned by buying that way a few times, but I’ve also found a lot of gems too.

I've made one or two impulsive buys before and I regetted them both so I've never really gone down that road again...

Yeah, impulse buying is always a total shot in the dark. And sometimes you hit your foot with that shot. Other times you hit that bullseye perfectly.

But anymore, with the help of the internet I can look at screenshots to get an idea of whether or not it would be a game that I would really enjoy.

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I probably just purchase 1 or few games every few months, I already have a bunch of games and I replay them a lot, so far I'm only looking forward to buy Read Dead 2 , Yakuza 0 and Last of US.

To be honest, I don't think I've played 50% of the games I've ever purchased. I would like to play them but I keep forgetting about them - I was going through my Steam library for a game yesterday and saw a bunch of games that I haven't touched yet despite buying them...