Register Now
killamch89

Recently Released Games That Can Be Considered A Classic

My pick would be the Resident Evil 2 Remake because it fixes every issue of the original game such as weird camera angles and awkward aiming system and makes everything such a fluid and solid experience. The DLCs are also free so that is also a definite bonus and it is replayable - Honestly, I can't think of any major issues with the game. The fact that more 3-year-old gaming laptop can run it at high settings means it isn't as demanding as many other releases nowadays. What is your pick?

9 hours ago, kingpotato said:

This year ? Well I will say only Kingdom Hearts 3 and RE2, I wanted to say Sekiro but since its a soul game casual players will not remember it.

Sekiro is alright - it's a solid game but at the same time, not anything special so it definitely couldn't be considered one and Kingdom Hearts 3 is a pretty good game which has fun gameplay but not so sure about it being considered a classic though.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sekiro is alright - it's a solid game but at the same time, not anything special so it definitely couldn't be considered one and Kingdom Hearts 3 is a pretty good game which has fun gameplay but not so sure about it being considered a classic though.

Well Kingdom Hearts 3 was the end of a trilogy that came out since the ps2 and considering how many times they have re-sold the previous two games I believe that Kingdom hearts 3 will be among the classics for upcoming years.

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Well Kingdom Hearts 3 was the end of a trilogy that came out since the ps2 and considering how many times they have re-sold the previous two games I believe that Kingdom hearts 3 will be among the classics for upcoming years.

I'm not going to lie - I never thought we'd ever see a Kingdom Hearts 3. I had given up hope years ago but then this kind of came out of nowhere and I'm glad it did.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

RE 2 is definitely my pick as well because the remake was an upgrade on the original game in every single way.

I know, right? Was blown away by RE2 Remake. Fingers crossed Capcom remake the third game, which is what’s rumoured to be happening. 

7 hours ago, DylanC said:

I know, right? Was blown away by RE2 Remake. Fingers crossed Capcom remake the third game, which is what’s rumoured to be happening. 

I just hope they don't start pumping out remakes only because RE2 made them a lot of cash and I also hope they wait at least a year and half before releasing any remakes so that we can enjoy the previous one.

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I wonder if the DOOM is now part of the classic. Though they have expanded the DOOM universe more now from this year but still I wonder if it is classic from it's origin?

Doom has and will always be a classic - it set a lot of trends in the gaming industry and helped make FPS games what they are today.

On 8/3/2019 at 5:53 AM, skyfire said:

I wonder if the DOOM is now part of the classic. Though they have expanded the DOOM universe more now from this year but still I wonder if it is classic from it's origin?

The first Doom yes is obviusly a classic, any of the recent Doom games ? I dont think so, dont get me wrong they are actually very good, but definitely not classics. The reason why the first Doom became a classic was because it was one of the first of their kind , one of the earliest and fun FPS.

How could Resi 2 be considered a classic when the original is ALREADY a classic? Isn't that kinda redundant to call a remake a classic? XD

Anyway for my part, I would probably count Super Mario Odyssey as a future classic.