Register Now
killamch89

Final Fantasy Games that Deserve A Remake

We all know that the Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be released soon and even though it is one of my favorite Final Fantasy Games from the series and I am looking forward to the remake, I also feel there are others that deserve such a chance. For instance, Final Fantasy 8 - brilliant characters, a main character (squall) and side characters who show tremendous character development throughout the show and a brilliant story. I've never been certain why it gets so much hate when it is a very solid game. Which Final Fantasy games do you think deserve a remake and why?

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I hope FF13 and FF14 also gets remake. I think a lot of games require remake and they need to be done in such way that we get to feel something new. 

Final Fantasy 14 is an MMO and it was already remade so we don't need another one.

On 7/29/2019 at 10:10 AM, skyfire said:

I was referring from the story context. SE often invests a lot on story and the characters and then things just go south like FF14. So these types need remake. 

It wasn't the story that real led to the initial failure of Final Fantasy 14 - it was the fact that the developers focused heavily on graphical quality to the detriment of the gameplay.

On 7/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, killamch89 said:

For instance, Final Fantasy 8 - brilliant characters, a main character (squall) and side characters who show tremendous character development throughout the show and a brilliant story. I've never been certain why it gets so much hate when it is a very solid game.

Absolutely. FF8 definitely should get one. It's an absolutely beautiful game. The story and characters are so captivating, that I feel like they are my brothers and sisters. Family that I love. Especially since I didn't have real family growing up.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:39 AM, The Blackangel said:

Absolutely. FF8 definitely should get one. It's an absolutely beautiful game. The story and characters are so captivating, that I feel like they are my brothers and sisters. Family that I love. Especially since I didn't have real family growing up.

The story was quite a unique one because most of the main characters both good and bad came from the same orphanage but had somehow forgotten. I also loved the lengths to which Squall and Rinoa went to save each other. They survived in space, a timeless void and everything in between just to be together - it is a truly touching story. I also loved how Squall grew into more of a leader as the series progressed.