Register Now
killamch89

Drinking While Gaming

Now I don't indulge in this kind of activity but I know of someone who does but I'm not sure what he even gets from it because his explanation is "it's his life he does what he wants." Are there some other reasons why some people like to drink excessively during a gaming session? I'd like to hear some reasons as this phenomenon stumps me.

Its dont think its a special or surprising phenomenon, Its just alcoholic people doing what they like while drinking, this can apply to any alcoholic person, they would watch tv and drink, listen to music, etc.
And well yeah it is his life and as long he is not doing anything that harm others I believe that it is his right to hurt himself by drinking, lets not sugar coat it , alcoholism will eventually lead you to an early death.

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Its dont think its a special or surprising phenomenon, Its just alcoholic people doing what they like while drinking, this can apply to any alcoholic person, they would watch tv and drink, listen to music, etc.
And well yeah it is his life and as long he is not doing anything that harm others I believe that it is his right to hurt himself by drinking, lets not sugar coat it , alcoholism will eventually lead you to an early death.

You have a valid point there but I just don't get why you'd play a game drunk when you need co-ordination and focus to play most games - especially multiplayer games where teamwork is really needed.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You have a valid point there but I just don't get why you'd play a game drunk when you need co-ordination and focus to play most games - especially multiplayer games where teamwork is really needed.

gaming is not rocket science so being drunk is not going to necessarily make you a bad gamer, of course one will not be giving his 100% while being drunk but at the end of the day its just playing games.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

gaming is not rocket science so being drunk is not going to necessarily make you a bad gamer, of course one will not be giving his 100% while being drunk but at the end of the day its just playing games.

It does make for some hilarious commentary during online sessions though especially when your teammate starts puking in the middle of it all.

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

I don't consume alcohol. I kind of suffer from caffeine fatigue already. So not going to waste my life on alcohol and drugs in first place. I think addiction part also needs to be taken care of for me. 

I was never a heavy drinker to begin with and I don't drink alcohol anymore either because my dad used to drink heavily and he stopped when I was born and he advised me to do the same.

I occasionally have a few glasses of wine/a few cheeky vodka and cokes while gaming. Just helps me to relax sometimes. I don't do it all the time, but it's nice to chill out with a drink while chilling out with a video game, too. 🙂

On 8/1/2019 at 4:31 AM, DylanC said:

I occasionally have a few glasses of wine/a few cheeky vodka and cokes while gaming. Just helps me to relax sometimes. I don't do it all the time, but it's nice to chill out with a drink while chilling out with a video game, too. 🙂

I was talking in the context of a drink or two - I was talking stone-cold drunk to the point where you basically have no control over your actions.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I was talking in the context of a drink or two - I was talking stone-cold drunk to the point where you basically have no control over your actions.

Ah, ok. That I don’t do that much when I’m gaming. Being that drunk and playing games would probably make me spin out and be sick. It wouldn’t be pretty.

7 hours ago, DylanC said:

Ah, ok. That I don’t do that much when I’m gaming. Being that drunk and playing games would probably make me spin out and be sick. It wouldn’t be pretty.

I had a guild member in a MMORPG who was stone cold drunk most of the time we were online playing and kept having to stop to go puke. Although, I'm not sure he even knew where the bathroom was.🤣

I don't drink often, only when I have a craving. But that said, RDR2 has a strange effect on me. When Arthur picks up a bottle of whiskey, I always want a shot. So I keep a bottle of Evan Williams beside me. It's 100 proof, and my favorite. I don't take a shot every time, but a lot of the time I just get a craving. I haven't been drunk in forever. I keep myself in check, but I do give into the urge once in a while to take a drink.