Register Now
killamch89

Google Stadia sounds like a huge mess

From what I read myself earlier this week, Google Stadia is no more than a digital storefront that you have to pay a subscription fee and still buy the games - but you don't own them. If Google Stadia shuts down, that's it - you will no longer have any access at all to any of the games you bought using that platform. To top it all off, the platform has no measures in place to deal with latency and are depending on Internet providers to make Stadia run smoothly. There isn't really anything appealing about the Stadia at all!

It’ll likely fail overall but there’ll be a small market for it, I guess. Sounds like a disaster atm as internet infrastructure is still a way off to support this imho.

Edited by DylanC

On 8/1/2019 at 2:47 AM, DylanC said:

It’ll likely fail overall but there’ll be a small market for it, I guess. Sounds like a disaster atm as internet infrastructure is still a way off to support this imho.

Not just the internet infrastructure either, the whole system is a disaster. In essence, you are paying Google to "access" your fully purchased games via subscription fee without any guarantee that you will still have access to those games if the platform is dismantled.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Not just the internet infrastructure either, the whole system is a disaster. In essence, you are paying Google to "access" your fully purchased games via subscription fee without any guarantee that you will still have access to those games if the platform is dismantled.

Yeah, true. From top to bottom, the Stadia is one hot mess. It’s cheap as chips, though, I guess.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The basic subscription is cheap but I wonder what other costs are they hiding from us the consumers?

True. There will probably be extra costs somehow. And I really don’t wanna pay for yet another subscription fee. Netflix, PS Plus, Switch and Xbox is enough! 

5 hours ago, DylanC said:

True. There will probably be extra costs somehow. And I really don’t wanna pay for yet another subscription fee. Netflix, PS Plus, Switch and Xbox is enough! 

Besides the $10 a month is for the basic package which isn't going to last forever - They'll either force you to upgrade or increase the cost of basic package.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:25 AM, killamch89 said:

That is the most controlling behavior that game developers and the studios always wanted to do. I think I am glad that people are standing up against this. I think subscription for every small things needs to stop. 

17 hours ago, skyfire said:

That is the most controlling behavior that game developers and the studios always wanted to do. I think I am glad that people are standing up against this. I think subscription for every small things needs to stop. 

I wholeheartedly agree that this is madness and with gamer skepticism at an all time high, I am pretty sure the Google Stadia will not be successful.