Register Now
StaceyPowers

Any starting tips for Oblivion?

On 7/27/2019 at 8:33 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Just started Elder Scrolls Oblivion the other night. It’s easy to jump into being as I play Skyrim a lot, but I’m wondering if anyone has any useful starting tips (i.e. recommended quests, resources to stock up on, towns to visit first).

Once you've levelled up a little bit, the arena quest-line in the Imperial City is fun and rewards you with lots of money/loot. You also get a follower from around there -- but he's a bit annoying, lol. Weapon Repair Kits are handy, and finding a decent alembic, mortar + pestle, retort and calcinator are handy for alchemy. 

On 8/4/2019 at 1:23 AM, DylanC said:

I think there are a few different skeleton summon spells that are useful. IIRC, the Skeleton Champion is pretty badass.

So far all I have is the skeleton you get when you start. It is hard to know what to spend money on, since it seems like there is a lot less loot in this game than in Skyrim, so I have just been saving up all my money aside from what I lose buying repair hammers. 

13 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

So far all I have is the skeleton you get when you start. It is hard to know what to spend money on, since it seems like there is a lot less loot in this game than in Skyrim, so I have just been saving up all my money aside from what I lose buying repair hammers. 

Aye, repair hammers, that’s what they’re called😅 Very handy to carry around a few of those!