Register Now
StaceyPowers

Oblivion Stutters on PS3?

I’ve been playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion for a little more than a week, and I’ve noticed that the game stutters a lot in certain locations, especially inside buildings that have several floors. It’s annoying, and it also worries me, as similar stuttering in Fallout NV is game-breaking on my PS3.

Does anyone know anything about Oblivion stuttering on PS3 or what can be done about it? It doesn’t look like there are any graphical settings I can modify.

On 8/3/2019 at 9:53 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I’ve been playing Elder Scrolls Oblivion for a little more than a week, and I’ve noticed that the game stutters a lot in certain locations, especially inside buildings that have several floors. It’s annoying, and it also worries me, as similar stuttering in Fallout NV is game-breaking on my PS3.

Does anyone know anything about Oblivion stuttering on PS3 or what can be done about it? It doesn’t look like there are any graphical settings I can modify.

I’ve played it extensively on both Xbox 360 and PS3 and I can remember it running slightly smoother on XB than PS3. Bethesda’s games, that generation at least, usually ran better on MS’s console due to it being more in-line tech-wise with a PC. That said, I remember the load times and some textures being slightly better on PS3. Swings and roundabouts, I guess.

Each system is most likely going to have at least one point in the game where it outdoes the other. No system is perfect, and there are going to be screwups. Some massive some minor. It's the luck of the draw. One thing that it may be is your copy of the game. I had bought a new copy of FF8 several years back, and disc 4 didn't work. The system didn't even recognize that there was a disc in it. So I took it back and exchanged it for another one. Same problem. I tried a 3rd exchange and still had the same problem. It turned out that it was the print edition of the game. There was a major screw up somewhere and entire line of that print had no information on disc 4. It was basically a frisbee. I ended up having to buy a first edition of the game to be able to play disc 4. This was one of the later "Greatest Hits" prints that was released. So you may need a new copy of the game from a different series.

@The Blackangel How did you actually figure that out? By the third exchange, I'd have been assuming the problem was somehow on my end. The whole ordeal would've made me super angry.

@DylanC I just hope it won't like ... get worse over time, like Fallout's issues. But I think that has to do with how Fallout save data accumulates, and hopefully Oblivion doesn't have that issue. Skyrim doesn't seem to, or if it does, I've simply never gotten a large enough save file for the game to start breaking.