Register Now
StaceyPowers

What irritates you instantly when you play a game?

When you put in a new game for the first time, are there any pet peeves you have where you’re instantly annoyed, and thinking, “How will I ever put up with this?”

Like for example, I get irritated by fonts I find hard to read, controls I find really unintuitive (especially when the trigger key is R2 instead of R1, but not for what seems like a good reason), and confusing menu navigation. And I get really peeved by unwanted or intrusive HUD/quest displays. Like in Dragon Age Inquisition, that awful quest box that appears on the right-hand side of the screen and just … stays.

What about you? What drives you crazy the instant you see it and potentially annoys you for the rest of a game?

Unskippable cutscenes are definitely a pet peeve for me and I also hate long-winded tutorials because I lose interest in unnecessarily long tutorials that are showing you how to do the basic stuff. I'd much rather an optional menu option to demonstrate the game's features. I also hate ridiculously long loading times.

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have recently noticed that some of the games are pretty one directional and don't have much open possibilities. Which kind of ruins the fun in todays time. I mean we are not in 90s anymore. We need more exploitable options in action and adventure games. 

I also mentioned the same thing in another thread - Games nowadays are way too linear or straightforward with little to no brainpower needed to play these games. This makes them pretty boring really quickly.

Yes, I mean those puzzle solving or some sort of task to do is a good addition. I mean I just don't see battle royale type inclusion in every game with just narrative change. It'd be good if there are more of those puzzles, mysteries, horror comes into the game.