Register Now
DylanC

Most common enemies in games?

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Wolves are very common enemies in videogames - I can think of very few games that don't have a wolf or werewolf as some kind of enemy.

Ah, the ol’ wolf. Very common enemy, yes. Almost as familiar as rats - another overplayed adversary. lol.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Zombies, vampires, mummies, devils. All the basic horror genre monsters. Dragons also seem to be popular. Even SMB had Bowser which was somewhat of a dragon.

Aye, zombies are possibly the most well-trodden enemy design of the last decade. 

7 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Ah, the ol’ wolf. Very common enemy, yes. Almost as familiar as rats - another overplayed adversary. lol.

Aye, zombies are possibly the most well-trodden enemy design of the last decade. 

It's always the generic brain eating dumber than a rock zombies though. I can't recall ever seeing any somewhat intelligent zombies that can do the basics a human can do. They always have to brute force things.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

It's always the generic brain eating dumber than a rock zombies though. I can't recall ever seeing any somewhat intelligent zombies that can do the basics a human can do. They always have to brute force things.

Too true. The closest I’ve ever seen of a zombie that had a brain cell in its body that was its own, was the bloody zombie in Castlevania SOTN. Other than that they always reach or fully climb up from the ground to feed on brains.

Cli-fucking-che!

10 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Too true. The closest I’ve ever seen of a zombie that had a brain cell in its body that was its own, was the bloody zombie in Castlevania SOTN. Other than that they always reach or fully climb up from the ground to feed on brains.

Cli-fucking-che!

And they are normally always moaning and answer every question moaning who knows what!

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think snakes and dogs are also pretty much common in many games. As for say some FPS games, you have like those suicide bombers too. 

Good call! Snakes and dogs are in a ton of games, for sure. Makes me think of Resident Evil 4, where the snakes jump out of the boxes and when you kill them they give you an egg to eat - yum. And yeah, those suicide bomber enemies are very popular indeed!

Edited by DylanC