Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most Beautiful Spots in Skyrim?

I'm pretty sure I've explored almost all of Skyrim. To me, the most beautiful locations to revisit just to look around now and again are:

·         Eldergleam Sanctuary, especially if it’s around 6-7 in the morning, when the light comes through all golden.

·         Markarth. I hate the politics of the place (I’m a fan of the Forsworn, wear their armor, and self-identify as one on every playthrough), but the design of the city is absolutely gorgeous. The scenery of the Reach is beautiful as well.

·         That area with the geysers that is south of Windhelm.

·         That bridge with the towers that’s near Whiterun, with the bandits that want to charge you a “toll.” I love the view from the towers.

·         The spot in the marshes where you can build Windstad Manor.

·         The Rift. All of it, but especially up by Froki’s Shack.

·         There’s a sort of “outdoor dungeon” area not far from Froki’s Shack with amazing view of the Throat of the World. I can’t recall the name, but the view is awesome.

·         Once while I was watching someone else play, they found this really cool dungeon which was outdoors and featured a lot of greenery, but you enter through a cave to get there? I have no clue where it was. If anyone can identify it, please let me know. I’ve never found it myself.

What are your favorite spots in Skyrim?

6 hours ago, Katri Marcell said:

For me it's the Sea of Ghosts. But not any version of it. I love being there at night and just stare at the Northern lights when possible. They may be visible from all over the map but there's something about this place that is breathtaking and eerie at the same time.

That's the appeal of the marshes for me. I like them at night with the northern lights too, and the mist glowing. It's eerie, but also really peaceful. At least when a giant isn't trying to murder my poor chickens.

Edited by StaceyPowers

On 7/12/2018 at 11:27 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I'm pretty sure I've explored almost all of Skyrim. To me, the most beautiful locations to revisit just to look around now and again are:

·         Eldergleam Sanctuary, especially if it’s around 6-7 in the morning, when the light comes through all golden.

·         Markarth. I hate the politics of the place (I’m a fan of the Forsworn, wear their armor, and self-identify as one on every playthrough), but the design of the city is absolutely gorgeous. The scenery of the Reach is beautiful as well.

·         That area with the geysers that is south of Windhelm.

·         That bridge with the towers that’s near Whiterun, with the bandits that want to charge you a “toll.” I love the view from the towers.

·         The spot in the marshes where you can build Windstad Manor.

·         The Rift. All of it, but especially up by Froki’s Shack.

·         There’s a sort of “outdoor dungeon” area not far from Froki’s Shack with amazing view of the Throat of the World. I can’t recall the name, but the view is awesome.

·         Once while I was watching someone else play, they found this really cool dungeon which was outdoors and featured a lot of greenery, but you enter through a cave to get there? I have no clue where it was. If anyone can identify it, please let me know. I’ve never found it myself.

What are your favorite spots in Skyrim?

Gonna boot up Skyrim later this week and check out all these places to remind myself! Thanks for this 🙂

I'm sure that I have choose to visit all of the towns, districts and areas in Skyrim to make an informed decision. My favourite is the path from Riverwood to Whiterun. In my opinion, you can see the valley below and it's the most beautiful area you'll ever experience in any video game.