Register Now
NuclearElephant

Do you ever wonder?

I used to play Bad Company 2 on Xbox 360. I loved it. I was also very good. I knew the maps, the positions, what classes to play and when.

Now when I play Battlefield 5 on the PC, I feel like I'm an average player and not as good as I was on Xbox 360. Whilst I still enjoy BF5, I also enjoy it less than I did compared to when I played Bad Company 2 (assumably partially because it's less 'new' of an experience as I've played multiple FPS games, and partially because I'm not doing as good).

I'm constantly wondering as to whether I got worse with age, or if I was better because I played on Xbox 360 and it's easier to aim on Xbox 360.

Do you guys ever wonder these sorts of things? If so, share, I'd like to hear.

Edited by NuclearElephant

I know the feeling, back in the days of Halo 3 on Xbox 360 I used to play almost every day after high school, I used to spent many school nights up playing different modes. I considered myself good, but I stopped playing shooters for quite a few years and now when I try to play at any FPS game I'm just average, even if I go back to play Halo I still feel average. 

I'm pretty good at most FPS games to the point I have been reported for cheating in a couple of games (which never amounts ot anything because that's not my style at all). Once you can work on the anticipation of you enemy's actions, you're already halfway there. It also pays to keep your composure no matter what situation you find yourself in while playing. 

When I was a teen the biggest system in the world was SNES until the N64 hit the market. PS1 was trying to catch N64's run, but didn't quite reach it. I put down the controller for several years, (didn't have a choice on that one. Military) and when I got back into gaming, I was so horrible at all the games I had been into previously that it seemed that all I could do was die over and over and over again. Even now there's games that I was the goddess of, but today I suck at.