Register Now
StaceyPowers

Has gaming increased your empathy?

On 5/8/2021 at 10:01 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

We are in big trouble as a society if we rely on games for empathy. Wait...we ARE in big trouble as a society because people lack empathy. 

I've been working on my empathy by killing the NPCs. That way, they'll be free from their programming - aren't I empathetic? 😹😹

On 8/27/2019 at 10:55 PM, The Blackangel said:

None whatsoever. I'm a misanthrope. Empathy is one thing I have never had. Nor will I ever have it.

As long as it's in playing video games, I'm sure it's got any influence on my empathy whatsoever by a long shot. 

On 9/18/2021 at 7:11 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Playing games is fun to me especially when I am bored, I don't play it when I am emotionally. I've lived my life as a gamer, to the extent I can lock myself all alone in the house all day playing action games using my PS4 console. 

I used to do that as a teen but as I got older, I broke up my gaming sessions in 3-5 hour timeframes.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:11 AM, Head_Hunter said:

Playing games is fun to me especially when I am bored, I don't play it when I am emotionally. I've lived my life as a gamer, to the extent I can lock myself all alone in the house all day playing action games using my PS4 console. 

Some gamers don't like any kind of distractions whenever they are getting some game time, it's why they have it that way locked up in doors alone. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some gamers don't like any kind of distractions whenever they are getting some game time, it's why they have it that way locked up in doors alone. 

And that's the best way you can simply enjoy gaming with the console. No distractions just shot your door and play indoors. 

13 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

And that's the best way you can simply enjoy gaming with the console. No distractions just shot your door and play indoors. 

Yeah - that might work very well when you get to live with grown ups but when you live with kids, there is no way you would expect them to not come in and disturb you.