Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games feature the coolest weather?

So far I will say the only game like that is Horizon Zero Dawn, you can notice the weather going from sunny to cloudy to snow and the details are perfect. Except when the characters get wet, their skin looks all slippery but they extravagant hair style remains the same 😆 so it just looks like they got oil on their skin or something like that.

On 8/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What video games do the best job with dynamic weather? So far, the best I’ve experienced I would say is Red Dead Redemption, followed by Skyrim.

I'd have to agree with your choices as well because I am struggling to thing of any other games with great dynamic weather features - One thing I'd like to see implemented in a game is it goes from a perfectly sunny day to a huge tornado wrecking everything in the blink of an eye. That'd spice up any open-world game - you could use those storms as a way to escape enemies.

On 8/28/2019 at 9:48 PM, killamch89 said:

I'd have to agree with your choices as well because I am struggling to thing of any other games with great dynamic weather features - One thing I'd like to see implemented in a game is it goes from a perfectly sunny day to a huge tornado wrecking everything in the blink of an eye. That'd spice up any open-world game - you could use those storms as a way to escape enemies.

Very cool idea.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:48 PM, killamch89 said:

I would love that. The harshest most devastating weather imaginable would add so much to games. I love overcast days, especially if it's raining. Even better if that rain is a flash flood inducing downpour. I've watched tornados with my own eyes, not on video (damnit) and I've seen floods on a biblical scale. The only 2 storms I can think of that I haven't personally experienced (that commonly hit the US) are earthquakes and hurricanes. The west coast has earthquakes every other day, and Florida has hurricanes every 5 minutes. I'm landlocked in the middle of the country. So unless we get a hurricane so big that the asshole in the middle is Oklahoma City, I don't have to worry about them. And unless we get another earthquake so violent that the Mississippi river runs backward again, I don't have to worry about them either. Although I think it was technically the aftershock that flipped the tide on the river. Could be wrong.