Register Now
skyfire

TellTell Games Revived?

So the people behind the "the wolf among us" and the "the batman", telltell games is now being revived with the rights to the original games still retained to them. The company named LCG entertainment is behind this. So it seems some of the licensed games by them will be revived. 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Dumb question time.

Are you saying they’re getting the rights to old games like Batman on NES type stuff, or am I missing something else entirely?

Nothing to do with the NES or cartridge games. Telltale was a company that made story driven games that had little gameplay, they are more like Dragon's Lair on the Arcades. Their games where mostly release on the xbox 360 and ps3. They recently went bankrupt and there was a controversy because of crunch time in the company.

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Dumb question time.

Are you saying they’re getting the rights to old games like Batman on NES type stuff, or am I missing something else entirely?

Kingpotato explained this pretty well. The telltell games genre was unique like those japanese comic type games. Where you have to do less fighting and more just move along the story lines. So their batman storylines along with wolf among us was pretty different. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's not really resurrected per say - it is ore that the new owners are captializing on the company's name and reputation. They aren't going to re-hire most of the staff and nobody is certain what direction the company will take either.

I think it's more of shifting of shell company I am guessing.