Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there a point in leveling where a game gets too easy for you?

@Aerielle del Rosario was posting here about games with difficult beginnings. It got me to thinking about how many people I've heard talk about the opposite problem: when they've moved up through the learning/leveling curve to the point where a game becomes too easy.

Does this sort of thing bother anyone here? What are some games which get too easy in their latter stages?

Granted, while they're two of my all time favorites, FF8 and Castlevania SOTN get to a point quickly to where it's like, "Why do I even bother?". It's so easy to get through them, and then you're left wondering what to do afterwards. Maybe go back to playing jacks or shooting marbles. At least that changes every time.

Edited by The Blackangel

Skyrim becomes so ridiculously easy at higher levels that I find myself having to do ridiculous stuff like running around naked and try to complete the game with a pickaxe, a fork( not even kidding about this one) and all kinds of crazy challenges just to challenge myself in-game. Come to think of it, I haven't tried playing Skyrim blindfolded...

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

True in many games you can become overpowered and the game itself becomes boring, I stopped playing many games for that same reason.

They must have put something in Skyrim to keep us hooked because i can't stop playing it no matter how predictable the story is and seeing each ending a million times.

On 9/2/2019 at 7:59 PM, killamch89 said:

They must have put something in Skyrim to keep us hooked because i can't stop playing it no matter how predictable the story is and seeing each ending a million times.

Dude I know Skyrim's map by heart, thats why we need an Elder Scrolls 6, I cant get enough.

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You should get Elsweyr. It's the next in the Elder Scrolls franchise. It's about to drop, and it's already available for preorder.

I feel like Elder Scrolls online and Skyrim are very different from eachother, also I'm a loner and not really into mmo games anymore.