Register Now
skyfire

Tablet As Gaming Platform?

I know the tablets are not overpowered like some of the mobile phones. I wonder if the tablets can be a good future platform for the gaming. Do you think tablets are a good source of gaming experience? I know that tablets are purposefully not made OP as they tend to be bulky and people tend to prefer something that fits in their hands. 

Do you think tablets have future for gaming?

Maybe. It would be cool if there was something like a 'gaming tablet'. A tablet that comes with a controller than can be connected. That would potentially be very popular given its portability and the gaming aspect would just be a secondary feature.

Yes and no. A tablet can be a good choice for the sole use of Gaming if you purchase the right one. The device needs to have sufficient memory capacity (128g) along with an excellent processor for a smooth game experience.

Any gamer doesn’t want to play a title which lags because of their device specifications.

Edited by Alexander.

On 6/21/2020 at 6:41 PM, Alexander. said:

Any gamer doesn’t want to play a title which lags because of their device specifications.

Some games run on tablet just fine. Take example of the android and the iOS devices and basic games like mobile legends, and PUBG on them. 

On 7/17/2020 at 2:05 PM, skyfire said:

Some games run on tablet just fine. Take example of the android and the iOS devices and basic games like mobile legends, and PUBG on them. 

Agreed. Tablets make great gaming platforms for games that are optimized for their screen size. I love having the extra screen real estate.

On 11/30/2020 at 2:21 AM, skyfire said:

Ipad is powerful compared to most of the tablets out there. Most of the tablets are meant for the casual usage. Ipad on the other hands are replacing the art tablets. 

I agree that Ipads are extremely powerful but their actual limitation is the Apple ecosystem so your limited in what you can do with it. Samsung Galaxy Tabs are also pretty powerful tablets and I may get myself one in the near future because I'd like to use it for emulation among other things.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:13 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah most of the apps that I have seen in the art side like procreate goes to show that ipads are extremely high cost  and they survive longer duration of taps on touchscreen too. 

It's true that they do tend to last longer than most tablets. I used to jailbreak my Ipads back in the day but now it's become increasingly difficult to do so...