Register Now
killamch89

Ideas That You'd Like To See Implemented Into Games

In a thread created a couple of days ago by @StaceyPowers about the coolest weather systems, I brought up the point that most of the dynamic weather systems are just superficial changes. They don't really impact the world around you in any significant way. For instance, I'd like to see something like a bright sunny day suddenly turn into chaos when a tornado touches down and players/enemies can use that weather to escape/ambush each other. I also wish that these storms/natural disasters would do some damage to the world itself so everyone would go and find shelter. I'd like to hear ideas you'd like to see implement into video games. @DylanC @skyfire @The Blackangel @kingpotato @Executor Akamia

I always liked the rainstorms in Zelda A Link To the Past. And when I could make it rain with the song of storms on Zelda OoT. I've always loved heavy rainstorms in real life. So I would love to see a game that would just out of nowhere blow in a rainstorm so severe you couldn't see in front of you. That has actually happened here several times. It has rained so hard that I couldn't see my backyard fence. And it's a big ass privacy fence. Tornados, earthquakes, and the occasional flash flood in a dead riverbed would be interesting. Maybe even a hurricane once in a while.

What can I say, I love "bad" weather. I find it soothing. Here where I live what we have to worry about is severe thunderstorms/rainstorms, flash floods and tornados. I'm landlocked in the middle of the US, so I don't have to worry about hurricanes. And I'm not near any faults, so I don't have to worry about earthquakes. The flood of '93 wiped out more than half of the state. There are lakes to this day that are left over flood water. and that was 26 years ago. I remember the river being just a few feet below the bridge when it was supposed to be more than 100' below the bridge. It was fucking insane.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I always liked the rainstorms in Zelda A Link To the Past. And when I could make it rain with the song of storms on Zelda OoT. I've always loved heavy rainstorms in real life. So I would love to see a game that would just out of nowhere blow in a rainstorm so severe you couldn't see in front of you. That has actually happened here several times. It has rained so hard that I couldn't see my backyard fence. And it's a big ass privacy fence. Tornados, earthquakes, and the occasional flash flood in a dead riverbed would be interesting. Maybe even a hurricane once in a while.

What can I say, I love "bad" weather. I find it soothing. Here where I live what we have to worry about is severe thunderstorms/rainstorms, flash floods and tornados. I'm landlocked in the middle of the US, so I don't have to worry about hurricanes. And I'm not near any faults, so I don't have to worry about earthquakes. The flood of '93 wiped out more than half of the state. There are lakes to this day that are left over flood water. and that was 26 years ago. I remember the river being just a few feet below the bridge when it was supposed to be more than 100' below the bridge. It was fucking insane.

That's what I am basically asking for. Some crazy dynamic weather that really impacts the gameplay and makes for new and unique experiences. In most games, a Thunderstorm is basically harmless with the occasional flash of lighting but I'd like to see the character actually being able to get struck by lightning or at the risk of being struck.

On 9/13/2019 at 9:06 PM, skyfire said:

I think weathers affecting terrain would be welcome change. It's like map making things open or chaotic would be a nice change to see. 

My point exactly - Real life isn't so predictable at all and I'd like to see the weather systems in video games reflect that as well. I'd also like to see animals and other npcs reacting to the weather changes as well.

One thing that I would like to see in survival games , making damage permanent, like for example if you drop from a ledge and you sprain/strain your ankle it will stay like that at least for a while or through the rest of the game. I think Death stranding implemented something like that but I'm not sure.

More realistic maps that you can zoom in pretty close. You can do that on google maps, why not video games? And show details in terrain and weather. At least in AC you can call an eagle to soar over everything, so I guess you wouldn't need detailed maps there. So maybe games should start including birds you can call to fly over the land. And characterize the bird, or dragon, or flying monkey, or even a drone. 

On 10/2/2020 at 8:57 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

More realistic maps that you can zoom in pretty close. You can do that on google maps, why not video games? And show details in terrain and weather. At least in AC you can call an eagle to soar over everything, so I guess you wouldn't need detailed maps there. So maybe games should start including birds you can call to fly over the land. And characterize the bird, or dragon, or flying monkey, or even a drone. 

I think a lot of the games making use of the new maps and also have realistic maps take example of the recent predator hunting grounds game they have pretty much realistic maps.