Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who is the most empathetic character in a video game?

I posted a thread titled, “Has gaming increased your empathy?” It led to a bit of a side conversation where @kingpotato and @killamch89 were talking about some of the most empathetic characters they've noticed in video games.

So I thought I would make a thread on that topic and ask who the most empathetic characters are in games.

My vote for most empathetic character in a game is Ellie from The Last of Us. Both she and Joel are very reserved people, each dealing very privately with their own grief. Despite the fact that he is standoffish toward her for the first part of the game and both of them are very much conversational minimalists, she manages to intuit and make sense of what he went through with Sarah, and what he’s going through with her. I’m not half that smart with people as an adult, much less when I was her age.

Who do you think the most empathetic game characters are?

@kingpotato @killamch89 @Alyxx @skyfire @Executor Akamia @The Blackangel @DylanC

My call would be Solid Snake from Metal Gear because even though will take down any threats to his safety and freedom, he tries to see things from their perspective and a lot of times he honors the enemies he has killed. He also has knack of saying the right thing at the right time to defuse a situation or encourage someone (eg: Raiden when he wanted to kill himself in Meta Gear Solid 4, it was Solid's words which gave him the will to live on.)