Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you challenge yourself to try a new combat strategy?

Usually when I identify my preferred combat approach in any particular game, I stick with it 90% of the time. Like in Skyrim, I always seem to wind up a conjuring one-handed weapon fighter. In Fallout, I always seem to end up a sniper. I try to do something different now and again, but it almost never “sticks” for more than the start of a playthrough.

What about you? How often do you try out a different approach to combat, i.e. different armor, weapons, or overall strategies? Do you vary it up a lot from game to game or within a single game, or do you usually stick to the same tactics and equipment?

@skyfire @killamch89 @kingpotato @DylanC @The Blackangel @Executor Akamia @Alyxx

It depends on the game really. For instance, I have 3 fighting variations for each character in Skyrim as a way of dealing with certain situations. In Champions Online, for the most part I had one approach to battle but I might change the sequence of attacks to gain an advantage against a particular opponent.

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

On Skyrim I tried many times being a mage but I mostly end up defeated because of that. There is nothing better than finishing a quest with a good bloody axe.

Oh man, I hear you on that. I tried full destruction mage twice, and still found myself with my trusty axe pretty fast =D It's just more satisfying.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:12 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Oh man, I hear you on that. I tried full destruction mage twice, and still found myself with my trusty axe pretty fast =D It's just more satisfying.

With mods, you can make a fully functional mage that doesn't need weapons or tools at all (they have a spell mod for everything) which is epic to be honest but trying to that in the normal game and you'll get whacked by most high-level monsters.