Register Now
The Blackangel

Question for FF8 players

Ok something that has never happened before is going on and I need to know what the hell is up. I just got onto the 3rd disc. I'm in the flashback where Laguna was in the movie and fighting the dragon. The thing that's throwing me is that Ward is nowhere to be seen, or even being mentioned. It's only Laguna and Kiros. In all the years that I've played this game, this has never once happened before. The 3 of them were always together with the exception of in Winhill. Did I fuck up somewhere, or is there some other explanation? This is confusing as hell. The only other time this game has screwed with my head like this was last year when, for the first time ever, I learned that the damn bite bugs can fly up and fart on you. I know they fart on you because the attack bar on top of the screen that tells you what the attack is when it's not a standard physical attack says "FART".😒

The only time they are scripted to be apart is the beginning of disc 2. Laguna is living in Winhill. Kiros has been searching for him and finds him there. they do a patrol of the town and that's pretty much it for the end of that flashback. In literally every other flashback, the 3 of them are always together. So far anyway. But the flashback that has me confused happened at the beginning of disc 3 when Rinoa was unconscious. Ellone accidentally sent Squall and 2 of your choice back while she was asleep to a point when Laguna, Kiros, and Ward were in the Trabia mountains. They were out of money and Laguna managed to land a part in a movie. Kiros and Ward were asked to play the part of the dragon because the original actor was sick. But this time when I got to that point, Ward wasn't in it. It was only Laguna and Kiros. In all the years I've been playing this game, that has never once happened. They were and are always together. So I'm completely lost as hell.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The only time they are scripted to be apart is the beginning of disc 2. Laguna is living in Winhill. Kiros has been searching for him and finds him there. they do a patrol of the town and that's pretty much it for the end of that flashback. In literally every other flashback, the 3 of them are always together. So far anyway. But the flashback that has me confused happened at the beginning of disc 3 when Rinoa was unconscious. Ellone accidentally sent Squall and 2 of your choice back while she was asleep to a point when Laguna, Kiros, and Ward were in the Trabia mountains. They were out of money and Laguna managed to land a part in a movie. Kiros and Ward were asked to play the part of the dragon because the original actor was sick. But this time when I got to that point, Ward wasn't in it. It was only Laguna and Kiros. In all the years I've been playing this game, that has never once happened. They were and are always together. So I'm completely lost as hell.

You can google the issue to see if it was a bug or something.