Register Now
Jayson

SJW Meddling in Gaming

The term "SJW" has been applied to what some see are "overkill cultural liberals".  Anyway, due to the fact, and I'm assuming here, that many gamers go to university, some now feel overwhelmed by the SJW dominance at universities, causing a backlash.

Anyhow, as alluded to in another thread, I feel this paranoia is unjustified.  In fact, a lot of this stuff can be ignored - but I feel some guys "get off" on feeling persecuted - when probably they aren't being persecuted and SJWism can be mostly ignored.

Well, regarding gaming, it is true there is a move to make games more politically correct, but honestly, the market is the market and the games "white guys like (using a stereotype)" will keep selling, because there's a market for them.  Also, if SJWs - try to "PC them" that would hurt sales, so game makers would try to avoid it.

O.K., then, now regarding the above paragraph, what is still the fuss?

44 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

They think they’re slick enough to get away with creating their own dictatorship and being able to rule with an iron fist. Pull that shit with me however, and I’ll shove that iron fist up your ass.

I'm not even worried about them because the normal people still make up the majority and they will push back which will of course lead to total chaos.

SJWs-ism seems to be more a joke confined to college campuses.  However, as you say, they're moving into "forcing people" into "holier than thou-ism".  However, though, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm split on my feelings about this. I  mean, on one hand, so much of this "reaping what was sown (years of abuse by a minority of jerks, imperialism, you name it)", but on the other hand, I feel like the current and future backlash is VERY scary - and is almost certain to happen.  For instance, looking at the population of Africa, it's exploding!  Where will white guilt be then?

Well, anyway, if people feel like they need "to be human" - they're plenty free to indulge in degeneracy.   I mean, whose going to stop someone smoking cigarettes (hopefully not around kids or babies), making true assumptions that OTHER races are also racist and oppressive, or going to strip clubs?

Edited by Jayson

20 hours ago, Jayson said:

SJWs-ism seems to be more a joke confined to college campuses.  However, as you say, they're moving into "forcing people" into "holier than thou-ism".  However, though, as I mentioned in another thread, I'm split on my feelings about this. I  mean, on one hand, so much of this "reaping what was sown (years of abuse by a minority of jerks, imperialism, you name it)", but on the other hand, I feel like the current and future backlash is VERY scary - and is almost certain to happen.  For instance, looking at the population of Africa, it's exploding!  Where will white guilt be then?

Well, anyway, if people feel like they need "to be human" - they're plenty free to indulge in degeneracy.   I mean, whose going to stop someone smoking cigarettes (hopefully not around kids or babies), making true assumptions that OTHER races are also racist and oppressive, or going to strip clubs?

You got to be kidding right? SJWism in some parts of UK and Ireland is as serious as it can get. For example some were forced to wear hijab in campus. So yeah it's very much real and ignoring it and ridiculing it does not reduces its impact on people who tolerate it in real life. 

11 minutes ago, skyfire said:

You got to be kidding right? SJWism in some parts of UK and Ireland is as serious as it can get. For example some were forced to wear hijab in campus. So yeah it's very much real and ignoring it and ridiculing it does not reduces its impact on people who tolerate it in real life. 

Well, that's just Radical Islam.  You can't group it with the rest of it, really.

This is a very sensitive topic, but I feel personally that it's wrong to say that people wanting non-binary gender choices in games and more female heroes is due to SJW's. I feel it's progressive and shows that gaming is maturing enough to appeal to everyone. And developers and publishers do have to take into consideration all feedback they receive (to a degree) so that includes groups who are very vocal about cultural representation in gaming.

Alyxx is exactly right. SJW’s are a problem a lot of the time, but inclusion of everyone, whether they have a gender or not is a step in the right direction. It’s not just male and female. There’s a lot more to it. And seeing that inclusion in gaming and the rise of female protagonists is what we need more of. For the longest time Samus was the only female protagonist. Every other female in games were the “damsel in distress”. I hated that stereotype then, and I hate it now. A hole is just as strong as a pole.

My impression of the situation is:

1-Most gamers do want more diversity in video games, and are happy to see it.

2-An extremely vocal minority is displeased with this diversity, and wants to sound like they are a much larger percentage of the gamer base than they actually are. So they stir up controversy about "SJWs" "oppressing" them.

For reference, I am a very liberal person who does feel deeply appreciative when I feel more "represented" in gaming. But I also have no difficulty playing "stereotypical white straight male" character in a game. I just connect to the heart and soul of a given character, regardless of race, sex, sexuality, gender, etc., and I expect that most gamers out there like to do the same.

On 9/14/2019 at 7:57 AM, Jayson said:

Well, that's just Radical Islam.  You can't group it with the rest of it, really.

And the thing is the reason clashes happen is because radicals are increasing in number and can't keep up with the capitalism.. even capitalism is bent to accept certain communist reforms in society since last few years. which includes things like open source, money over social structure, lack of respect for religion etc. so eventually people will be pushed in some way.