Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you prefer to travel with or without followers in video games?

@kingpotato and I were talking about followers in Fallout: New Vegas, and he mentioned that he has a preference for going it alone in games in general.

So I thought I’d ask everyone here: Do you prefer to travel with or without followers, and why?

I originally thought when I first started playing open world games that I’d find followers annoying, but I now usually trail as many around with me as I can. I suppose I just like the “being in a party” vibe, and I also like that sometimes they make interesting comments, have quests (i.e. New Vegas), and so on. Plus, they are fun to dress up in nice armour (i.e. the Daedric armour in Skyrim).

Mind you, I hate when they get stuck in Skyrim—what a pain. But in NV, this seems to happen less often, and they also tend to be more helpful in combat (especially Boone).

@kingpotato @DylanC

I'll be honest, the reason why I want to go alone on Skyrim and Fallout is actually a very egocentric motive 😆 Its because I want to be the hero and deliver the final blow and I dont want to share the glory.
Back in the days a friend of mine and me where playing Dungeons and Dragons on the Arcades, I was a mage and he a warrior, I remember that day because we actually finished the whole game , we spent a lot of coins and most of them where because of my friend, he kept dying and dying and I was always the one with the highest score , and then came the final boss a huge dragon, it was basically a one sided fight between me and the boss and my friend just tried to avoid the attacks, but at the last second he jumped and delivered the final with his sword and obviously the end game "cutscene" showed him as the hero...yep