Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are the most annoying disruptive events in video games?

When you are playing a video game, what types of events in the game world totally disrupt your experience in a way you find genuinely irritating?

I’m not referring to bugs or glitches here.

Like for example, if I am playing Skyrim and I am working my way through a dungeon, I like to just relax and get into a flow of killing things and progressing. So I get genuinely irritated if I run into an unexpected puzzle (unless solving it is easy) which blocks me from continuing.

If it takes more than a few minutes, it usually prompts me to get up and check the solution online so I can just return to what I planned to be doing (bashing in the dungeon).

Are there things like this for you, where you just genuinely don’t care about doing the task or event, and just want to get the disruption out of your way so you can get back to playing the rest of a game?

@kingpotato @killamch89 @The Blackangel @Alyxx @DylanC @Executor Akamia @skyfire

I imagine that lengthy cutscenes may fall into this category as well for a lot of folks.

I don't really mind cutscenes as long as I'm not encountering one every 5 seconds and it is unskippable. I also hate excessive loading times especially when it is an open-world game and you are constantly running into loading areas traversing from one area to another really annoys me.

Yoku Blocks in Mega Man games. They annoy the hell out of me, and the noise they make in the NES entries of the series doesn't do them any favors. I just find them obnoxious. I'm glad the Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero series mostly went without them.

Beyond that? I dunno, I'm fairly easy to please otherwise. Either I love a game or find it boring. The reasoning for either varies from game to game, of course.

Being forced into carrying on a mile long conversation with NPC's drives me insane. Also there's a special trick that FF8 likes as part of the story. When Ellone jumps you back into Laguna's era. I don't give a shit what Laguna was doing 17 years ago. I got shit to take care of in the present. Fuck Laguna. He's the president of Esthar now. Ok. Good for him. Now back to kicking someone's ass, getting that last fucking GF, then heading to cactuar island to learn abilities quickly.

Edited by The Blackangel

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Being forced into carrying on a mile long conversation with NPC's drives me insane. Also there's a special trick that FF8 likes as part of the story. When Ellone jumps you back into Laguna's era. I don't give a shit what Laguna was doing 17 years ago. I got shit to take care of in the present. Fuck Laguna. He's the president of Esthar now. Ok. Good for him. Now back to kicking someone's ass, getting that last fucking GF, then heading to cactuar island to learn abilities quickly.

Thats actually why I never completed most of the FF games that I've played, long text conversations will ruin the game for me, even if the story is good if I'm dealing with text based conversation I want to talk as little as possible and jump back into the action.