Register Now
The Blackangel

FF8 Remastered

Has anyone else gotten FF8 through steam? I got it today and the game seems to lag a lot. The movement is a bit jerky, but I'm sure that's just my comp. But my question is, has anyone had problems getting a controller to work with it? I tried a PS3, PS4, and a Logitech controller, and no luck. Am I doing something wrong? I just flat out can't figure out what the hell is up.

I finally managed to get it figured out. I had to exit the game, unhook the controller and cable (it was dead), then plug it back in and restart the game. And as for the lag, it's only in really busy areas. Places where there's either a lot of movement, or a lot of art went into creating it. But it also needs to be mentioned that I don't have a gaming PC. Mine is just a cheap all-in-one. It's pretty much just for web surfing and offline shit. It's no fancy schmancy comp. Also I can't afford a gaming PC (laptop or desktop) so I'll make due with what I have. But for anyone thinking of getting it, GET IT ON STEAM. The steam exclusive perks are mind blowing and totally worth it. I always stock spells before going to the fire cavern and get some abilities learned. I stocked 100 of each thunder, cure, fire, and blizzard in under 10 minutes using the x3 speed. It was crazy. For mundane shit like that I'll cheat my ass off. Sitting around drawing spells always drove me nuts. But in the end it's worth it. Now I don't have a single problem with it, since it's going so damn fast.