Register Now
killamch89

Craziest Encounters you've ever had

All of us have been through some pretty crazy encounters that have created a lasting memory. For instance, back in 2014, I came face to face with a 700 lb tiger at Zoo Miami when one of the caretakers accidentally left one of the tiger's enclosure open and he naturally took advantage of it. I was walking a bit ahead of my brother when we spotted the tiger and vice versa - I told my brother to back away slowly as the tiger approached me. I had learned from my many encounters running into stray/wild animals to keep absolutely calm and the most incredible thing happened - He started sniffed for about a minute and then yawned and fell asleep on my foot. I didn't want to make any sudden moves because it could have startled him. Luckily, the staff had realized the tiger had been missing and had already been on the lookout for him so one of them showed up with a tranquilizer. They successfully tranquilized him and then 3 others came to help get his heavy head off my foot. They strapped him up to some kind of pulley and put him in the back of a small truck and carried him back to his area. Somehow, throughout the whole ordeal, I was for the most part pretty calm about everything and I even had a laugh with some of the staff afterwards. I also learned that the caretaker who forgot to lock his area had fed him during that time so he wasn't hungry at all so that may have also contributed to his non-aggressive behavior towards me. It was a crazy encounter for sure!

What are the craziest encounters you've ever had?

A few years ago I had a couple errands to run. I needed to go to Walmart and then to Walgreens. I go to Walgreens since they're a 24 hour pharmacy. I went to Walmart first, but while I was there I completely forgot about going to the pharmacy. I didn't remember it until I got home. When I realized I had forgotten it that seriously pissed me off. So I got back out to head over there. They said that a couple meds were still being filled and would take about a half hour. I didn't want to just sit in a parking space and wait, so I decided to drive around. As I got out on the street a car came up behind me. No big thing, it was just normal traffic. Or so I thought. I turned to go down a different street since it only had a couple stop signs and not a traffic light at every block. The car followed me. I drove a little further and the car stayed right behind me. If I made a turn, he made the turn. I got on a bigger road that ran outside of town and he still followed. If I passed someone he passed them. There were stop lights on this road and if I ran the light he would run it. I could weave around traffic and through the streets and he stayed right on me. He started flashing his lights and pulling up within a few feet of me, and sometimes even bumping me. I knew there was no one in my car with me, and I knew there were no lights out or hooks hanging from my door. I got a look at the guy as we went through a light and he looked like an escapee from a lunatic asylum. He also looked drunk and or high. I sped up trying to lose him, but he sped up keeping up with me. I turned down a gravel road and started going down it and he stayed right with me. I finally had enough. I'm licensed to carry, so I grabbed my gun out of my purse, stopped my car and stepped out. He was out of his car before I was, and was running towards me with a huge knife. I raised my gun and shot him. I got him in the leg, but that was enough to drop him and give me a chance to get away. I raced home without going to the pharmacy. After about an hour I was calmed down enough to call the cops. The cop I spoke to said she knew the man and that the man was a parolee. That he had gone to the hospital and she had arrested him several times for doing this exact same thing. She had wondered many times when he was going to get shot. His parole officer revoked his parole and sent him back to prison with a hole in his leg that same day. Since then I have gotten a more powerful handgun, and if forced to, I will kill.

On a more light-hearted note, while vacationing in Grand Cayman with my friends, a turtle came up out of one of the ponds and proceeded to make love to one of my friend's shoe. It was a white Vaan sneaker so it made us even more confused. Why would it mistake my friend's shoe for a female turtle? What made it funny was the sounds the turtle made while humping the shoe - He sounded like an old man taking his last hump before dying XD. Till this day we haven't stopped laughing about it and at the time, everyone was rolling on the ground laughing uncontrollably. Hell, I even teased my friend that he'd be the godmother of those kids 🤣

Edited by killamch89

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Pretty crazy story there @The Blackangel. If it were me, i'd have killed him right then and there because I wouldn't give him a second chance to ever try that again.

If I had been able to think at the time instead of scared almost to the point of pissing myself, I probably would have. I actually intended to shoot him in the body, but squeezed the trigger too soon. When he dropped that was all I needed to get myself the hell out of there. That was a .380 that I shot him with. Now I carry a .45 loaded with hollow points. I’m not fucking around. If this kind of shit happens again, I’ll most likely be facing manslaughter charges. But I don’t care. If I get you in the leg, I will then walk up to you and get you in the head.

20 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If I had been able to think at the time instead of scared almost to the point of pissing myself, I probably would have. I actually intended to shoot him in the body, but squeezed the trigger too soon. When he dropped that was all I needed to get myself the hell out of there. That was a .380 that I shot him with. Now I carry a .45 loaded with hollow points. I’m not fucking around. If this kind of shit happens again, I’ll most likely be facing manslaughter charges. But I don’t care. If I get you in the leg, I will then walk up to you and get you in the head.

You have every right to protect yourself.