Register Now
DC

Last Game Played

Edge of Eternity, XBox One (Game Pass)

It's a pretty good JRPG so far, especially one from a small studio.  Nice although kinda generic graphics and music in the same style as the older Final Fantasy games like VII or X.  It has ATB turn based combat system on a hexagonal battle grid.  The story and banter between the characters is ok so far.

The only complaint I have with it so far is how fucking buggy it is!  I don't know if it's just an inferior XBox port or what but I've 3 hard crashes so far and during the tutorial a particular scripted event failed to activate forcing me to reset and wandering around aimlessly for 15 minutes.  It frequently stutters, their's tons of pop in and the load times are absurd especially when you consider it's relatively small 9Gb file size.

I recommend trying it out if a Final Fantasy or Xenoblade fan as part of a Gamepass subscription if you've got anyway but not as a purchase, at least not this port.  Maybe other ports are better but I can't say.

Edited by Crazycrab

57 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Edge of Eternity, XBox One (Game Pass)

It's a pretty good JRPG so far, especially one from a small studio.  Nice although kinda generic graphics and music in the same style as the older Final Fantasy games like VII or X.  It has ATB turn based combat system on a hexagonal battle grid.  The story and banter between the characters is ok so far.

The only complaint I have with it so far is how fucking buggy it is!  I don't know if it's just an inferior XBox port or what but I've 3 hard crashes so far and during the tutorial a particular scripted event failed to activate forcing me to reset and wandering around aimlessly for 15 minutes.  It frequently stutters, their's tons of pop in and the load times are absurd especially when you consider it's relatively small 9Gb file size.

I recommend trying it out if a Final Fantasy or Xenoblade fan as part of a Gamepass subscription if you've got anyway but not as a purchase, at least not this port.  Maybe other ports are better but I can't say.

That's the good thing about having Xbox and having subscription to Gamepass. I have the perfect guy to recommend this for and I'm very sure that he's going to like it.