Register Now
DC

Last Game Played

Well after a long time of playing Metroid Fusion (it actually took me like 9 hrs of real gameplay) I finally beat the game, its one hard game I have to say but not the hardest metroid game, its also the first Metroid game that I actually finished. 8/10 rating

Anyway, Im going to try beating another retro game (I know Metroid fusion doesnt sound retro but this game was release almost 20 years ago, God Im old..)
Any recomendations ? If possible from the SNES, GBA, NDS OR 3DS since those are my options for handheld

32 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Well after a long time of playing Metroid Fusion (it actually took me like 9 hrs of real gameplay) I finally beat the game, its one hard game I have to say but not the hardest metroid game, its also the first Metroid game that I actually finished. 8/10 rating

Anyway, Im going to try beating another retro game (I know Metroid fusion doesnt sound retro but this game was release almost 20 years ago, God Im old..)
Any recomendations ? If possible from the SNES, GBA, NDS OR 3DS since those are my options for handheld

Nice, maybe it's an unpopulair oppinion but i always found metroid to be more suited on handheld rather then consoles, well the 2d ones anyway.

Just wondering do you use actualy hardware or an emulator? What exactly are you looking for gamewise, it's kind of hard recommend something without knowing what you're after? 😉

Edited by Yaramaki

2 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Nice, maybe it's an unpopulair oppinion but i always found metroid to be more suited on handheld rather then consoles, well the 2d ones anyway.

Just wondering do you use actualy hardware or an emulator? What exactly are you looking for gamewise, it's kind of hard recommend something without knowing what you're after? 😉

Well I dont really care if its on console or handheld Im still bad at these games either way xD

Im playing it on a 3ds, I was able to install a SNES and GBA emulator on it, it works very well and the controls are just the same as the GBA. Any game recomendation is fine as long as its something that I can actually complete, so nothing like Animal crossing or anything like that.

6 hours ago, Family sedan said:

WRC 8.  I'm getting better and meeting my objectives more often.  I still haven't won a rally yet, but I have a lot of love for this game.

If you keep going at it, I'm sure you would be able to win the rally soon enough. What's the closest you have gotten? 

20 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Well I dont really care if its on console or handheld Im still bad at these games either way xD

Im playing it on a 3ds, I was able to install a SNES and GBA emulator on it, it works very well and the controls are just the same as the GBA. Any game recomendation is fine as long as its something that I can actually complete, so nothing like Animal crossing or anything like that.

Hmm since you use an emulator you should totally check out Ninja five-o , It may be more know now for it's high price tag on the secondary market, but it's one of the best games if not my favourite game on the Gba. Combines all the best elements of ninja gaiden and bionic commando. Well that would be my top pick.

Others i would check out in the worst case you don't like it but hey now. Keeping in mind i can't list any real long games. It's been a while since i played any gba games but from memory

• Astro Boy: Omega Factor -> It's made by treasure so you know it's good, mixture between shoot em up, platformer and beat em up.

• Gunstar Super Heroes -> another one made by treasure, kind of a sequel to the 16 bit classic on the genesis/megadrive.

• Yggdra Union -> This mixes strategy rpg gameplay with card battles and it does it quite well from what i remember.

• Kuru Kuru Kururin -> Hands down the best puzzle game on the system, you've not played anything like this i can tell you that.

• Lady Sia -> a fellow collector recommended me this a long time saying it was one of the most underrated and best platformers on the gba (it was also quite cheap at the time) and you know he was right. Can't remember too much about it since it's been years that i played it.

If you wanna get real funky and try out a long game when you are done with these you should also give Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, imo this one of the best strategy rpg's ever made. Multiple endings which was fresh for the time.

There are also a ton of disney games on the gba especially the mickey games are quite good platformers and recaptures the magic of the 16 bit ones fairly well.

I diden't list any nintendo games since everybody knows about them but if you haven't give Wario land 4 a try when you are at it.

Normally i would have included both Advance wars games but since they are being remade for the switch it's mostlikely better to wait on that.

Man i feel like charging up my gba now and play some games on it myself now.

17 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Hmm since you use an emulator you should totally check out Ninja five-o , It may be more know now for it's high price tag on the secondary market, but it's one of the best games if not my favourite game on the Gba. Combines all the best elements of ninja gaiden and bionic commando. Well that would be my top pick.

Others i would check out in the worst case you don't like it but hey now. Keeping in mind i can't list any real long games. It's been a while since i played any gba games but from memory

• Astro Boy: Omega Factor -> It's made by treasure so you know it's good, mixture between shoot em up, platformer and beat em up.

• Gunstar Super Heroes -> another one made by treasure, kind of a sequel to the 16 bit classic on the genesis/megadrive.

• Yggdra Union -> This mixes strategy rpg gameplay with card battles and it does it quite well from what i remember.

• Kuru Kuru Kururin -> Hands down the best puzzle game on the system, you've not played anything like this i can tell you that.

• Lady Sia -> a fellow collector recommended me this a long time saying it was one of the most underrated and best platformers on the gba (it was also quite cheap at the time) and you know he was right. Can't remember too much about it since it's been years that i played it.

If you wanna get real funky and try out a long game when you are done with these you should also give Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, imo this one of the best strategy rpg's ever made. Multiple endings which was fresh for the time.

There are also a ton of disney games on the gba especially the mickey games are quite good platformers and recaptures the magic of the 16 bit ones fairly well.

I diden't list any nintendo games since everybody knows about them but if you haven't give Wario land 4 a try when you are at it.

Normally i would have included both Advance wars games but since they are being remade for the switch it's mostlikely better to wait on that.

Thank you, Yeah I heard about Ninja five-o before , a very rare and expensive game, I will try it out but if its as hard as ninja gaiden then Im probably not going to be able to beat it xD

Tactics ogre is definitely on my list, that one I get recomended a lot. Oh Wario Land 4 was one of my favorite games as a kid, I cant remember how times I beat that game and advanced wars is one of my favorite games of all time I played it at least once a week or so , which is actually my last game played since I played a little bit earlier this morning ,well I usually go with advanced wars 2 because it has more characters and maps.

Thank you so much, I will try out the games you recomended , I will download them this afternoon and try them out tomorrow

4 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I particularly picked interest in this one called "Kuru Kuru Kururin" because of the game's name. The name sounds weird, so it's got me curious of how the gameplay is going to be. I'm getting it as soon as possible. 

6 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Alright so I tried some of them already just to see what they were about.

Astro Boy: Omega Factor - I cleared th first stage, easy enough, like a beat em up game it seems,  I dont know much about astro boy though, I never saw the cartoon, I know part the story and what its about , But even though Im not a fan I did read the manga called Pluto which is like a more darker take on the Astro Boy cartoon, highly recommended it has like a blade runner vibe to it.

Gunstar Super Heroes - Loved it, I beat the first boss after the second attempt, I wanted to find a way to play metal slug on the 3ds but there is no way for me to do so, but this game is just as good , and I loved the background cutscenes, This actually looks like a high quality game for a GBA game.

Kuru Kuru Kururin  -  yep weird story hahaha I had seen those ducks before but I wasnt sure were they where from, Its a very hard puzzle game, It took me a while just to get past the training stage, I was never good with those types of movement puzzle games but I will keep trying.

Lady Sia - simple looking graphics, I like how some of the monster pop their eyes out when you kill them xD and I also liked that when Sia grabs to ledges she actually uses her sword like climbing axe to hold on to ledges but I hated how the controls are very sipplery, that doesnt work well on a platformer, just going up the ladders and jumping from one ledge to another was a hassle.

I still havent tried the others I will try them out later on today