Register Now
DC

Last Game Played

FTL: Faster than Light

Got a Chain Vulcan, which takes about 35 seconds to get up to speed... but when it's fully charged up, it fires off one shot every second. Advanced players don't consider it to be a very good weapon (because you're vulnerable for the 35 seconds that it takes to charge up), but it's great fun to use! And I also happened to have a Weapon Pre-Igniter, which allowed me to skip the first phase of the charging process, and get the total charging time down to 24 seconds 🙂 . 

I did make some mistakes which almost cost me the run (for example, I didn't buy enough fuel, and I ran out a couple of times...), but I won in the end 😄 .

The last game I played was some Roblox last night for a little while. I always like to jump on Roblox myself around this time of year to join in on the Christmas updates that come onto games I enjoy playing. Snowman Simulator is a good one to play when it comes to this time of year, super festive.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:58 AM, The Blackangel said:

Castlevania SOTN

It's one that I'll never give up. I freaking love it. It's hands down one of the best Castlevania games ever made, if not THE best one.

Best Castlevania ever and I'm not arguing with anyone.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:10 PM, Smokey said:

Classic game! 😄 I remember when I bought my copy on PS1!

Same - I had it on PS1.

Played some Last Stop on my PS5 for the past few days. Already had buyer's remorse a few hours in though. Initially wishlisted it because it was marketed as a game with multiple endings, but the more I played it, the more its limited dialogue choices feel like Life is Strange than say, Detroit: Become Human or even Mass Effect. It feels more akin to Telltale Games' The Walking Dead to be honest, giving you meaningless dialogue choices that add flavor to the story. God, I hate poorly-made multi-choice games like these, especially when it has the same problems these games usually have: having the dialogue options resulting in completely different dialogue than you expected. What's the point of giving me the option to converse if you're just going to screw me over anyway?

Thankfully, I didn't technically buy this shitty game. It came along as part of PS Plus Extra (upgraded it from the normal subscription), so the remorse isn't as bad.

Another game I got from the PS Plus monthly catalogue is Biomutant. That game got old fast. Maybe I'm getting too old for these games that require good reflexes, because I kept having a hard time dodging. Plus, the whole gameplay of going from room to room and kill enemies is so repetitive and dull.

Edited by Akun

I've been spending the weekend playing the Final Fantasy XI private server called Horizon that just launched. I've never played the game previously (I tried a decade ago but got totally filtered by the old controls) but managed to get some friends to tag along and try it, and I've been having an absolute BLAST. It's old, obtuse and difficult to control but the immersion and MMO-feeling is absolutely excellent. I've managed to get to my elf warrior to Level 15 and only got my ass kicked a few times so far!

I have been playing a game called Fly Race on Roblox that has a Christmas even, it's actually quite chill and something I can periodically play whilst I am working as well which is nice. Been playing it with my kids since last night and it's been a lot of fun! 

1 hour ago, Tonberry said:

I've been spending the weekend playing the Final Fantasy XI private server called Horizon that just launched. I've never played the game previously (I tried a decade ago but got totally filtered by the old controls) but managed to get some friends to tag along and try it, and I've been having an absolute BLAST. It's old, obtuse and difficult to control but the immersion and MMO-feeling is absolutely excellent. I've managed to get to my elf warrior to Level 15 and only got my ass kicked a few times so far!

Amazing to know that FF XI is still going. Is it only on private servers or is the game still officially supported?

Edited by Shagger

Just now, Shagger said:

Amazing to know that FF XI is still going. Is it only on private servers or is the gam still officially supported?

The official game is still up and running. I would probably have tried it sooner if I enjoy the private server this much, but since it's subscription based and notorious for being old and pretty clunky I've never committed to it. It's also seemingly pretty different compared to this "classic" server. Whjich is probably both good and bad. There's more incentive to be able to play it solo nowadays, since it was such a group-heavy game but its age has probably made player numbers dwindle quite a bit.

FTL: Faster than Light.

I'm playing with the Slug C cruiser, which is one of my favourites, because it starts with Mind Control and Hacking, which gives you a lot of creative ways to kill off the enemy crew. For example, sometimes I'll hack their Medbay or their Oxygen, and have them suffocate to death 😛 . 

I'm at the end of the 5th sector (out of 8), and I'm winning most of my battles quite easily 😄 !

I've been playing a bit of Madden NFL 22 now. I ended up finishing the season mode for Madden 21, and I guess the season mode only lasts for 30 years. I was expecting it to go on until you quit, but I guess not. There's another reason why ESPN NFL 2K5 is better. I don't think they ever had a limit to the amount of years you can play the season mode. 

I also have been meaning to play High on Life, but haven't touched it yet. Maybe this holiday weekend I'll get to it. 

Civilization VI

Playing a hot seat game with my sister, with her playing as France, and me playing as the Mapuche. So far, it's going pretty well: I've settled five cities, and flipped a sixth from the Mongols 🙂 !

The last game I played was UNO yesterday. My youngest son got UNO cards for Christmas and as much as he understands the game, there are some things he is unsure of. Due to me having bought the game when it was on offer a while back, I have access to it and felt that him playing the game on a console would help him to learn and understand certain things regarding the game so that when he plays with his UNO cards he is less confused when we tell him something.