Register Now
DC

Last Game Played

The last game I played was Roblox. I was checking out the newest update that came out today for Pet Simulator X which seems good but many are not as happy with it as they thought they would be. Hoping to take a better look at it later on. 

Finished Persona 5: Strikers after also getting all the Thieves' Den awards in Persona 5 Royal a second time (after Steam had an error in its cloud save that wiped out 480 hours of my playtime, including Thieves' Den unlocks). I didn't really try as hard for P5S, however, since the NG+ and the way you would get all of the achievements on that game (lots and lots of grinding) feel like a hollow slog not worth doing, so I just cheated using a cheat trainer to max out all my bonds instead and get the 100% achievements over with. I might have been more motivated to do it the legit way if there was some meaningful reward for me, like bonus dialogue or storyline, but alas, NG+ is more of the same (at least Royal had two new bosses in its NG+ with bonus dialogue), and I loathe repetition of any kind (hence why I hate grinding).

Having finally been able to leave Persona 5 behind after what felt like an eternity, however, I'm still not fully satisfied and hunger for more Persona experience, thus tempting me to replay Persona 4 Golden. However... there's the notorious Hardcore Risette Fan achievement that requires you to hear 250 lines from her (some of which are easily missed), and a cheat trainer just can't help me with that, so I've been very reluctant to replay it since my OCD would compel me to 100% everything.

But still, that itch for more Persona persists, and I'm very likely to fall into that temptation soon. On the other hand, playing all these video games (playing P5 after my Dark Pictures Anthology binge in April too) has seriously affected my scheduling for TV show binging. I literally abandoned the shows I was watching mid-season to play Persona 5, so that's another reason I'm reluctant to go back into Persona so soon, especially when I managed to recently hop back into the shows I dropped. Sigh. Ah well.

Good thing Persona 4's PS2 graphics still look like shit though (especially in comparison to Persona 5), which is something that could at least keep me away from playing. Plus, from what I remember, Persona 4's storyline is a lot more light-hearted than Persona 5, a lot more focused on "the power of friendship" nonsense (Persona 5 had some of that too, but at least it had more layers on top of its tropes and cliches).

Been playing some Street Fighter 6 in the past few weeks. Honda is my main character right now (first time a Sumo Wrestler has ever been my favorite fighter to pick). I'm currently in Platinum in ranked matches with 40 wins to 2 losses. The longest being a 25 match winning streak.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Been playing some Street Fighter 6 in the past few weeks. Honda is my main character right now (first time a Sumo Wrestler has ever been my favorite fighter to pick). I'm currently in Platinum in ranked matches with 40 wins to 2 losses. The longest being a 25 match winning streak.

I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 11 right now. I'm able to fight matches before it finishes downloading and so far looks pretty good. You only got 2 losses? You are whooping it! 

23 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'm downloading Mortal Kombat 11 right now. I'm able to fight matches before it finishes downloading and so far looks pretty good. You only got 2 losses? You are whooping it! 

Yeah - considering I haven't been practicing that much, I'm doing a lot better than I thought. Haven't played Mortal Kombat 11 in a few months but it's still fairly active online.

21 hours ago, Kyng said:

Banished.

Re-installed this after a few months away, and started a new game on the highest difficulty settings. I didn't build enough houses for my people before winter - and then, they all just froze to death. 

Maybe I should try on a slightly lower difficulty next time!

Bro trust me, you did the right thing...if they're stupid enough to freeze to death and not find shelter, they'd be a burden. 🤣

On 6/17/2023 at 9:38 PM, killamch89 said:

Yeah - considering I haven't been practicing that much, I'm doing a lot better than I thought. Haven't played Mortal Kombat 11 in a few months but it's still fairly active online.

Bro trust me, you did the right thing...if they're stupid enough to freeze to death and not find shelter, they'd be a burden. 🤣

Well, I guess there is that 😛

I started another game, and they survived this time... only to starve a few years later because they weren't producing enough food for their expanding population. 

I am trying to continue with what's left of my town - but, it's not easy!

I just finished up Diablo 4! That is, completed the main campaign, I'll definitely be going back and doing more dungeons and leveling up some more. 

Next up for me is, at last, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor. I bought it from a friend several months ago but haven't had the time to play it until now. I really enjoyed the first game, and from everything I've heard, I think this one is going to be even better!