Register Now
DC

Last Game Played

On 6/8/2019 at 1:33 AM, Executor Akamia said:

Monster Hunter World (Xbox One)

Did some hunts with a very close friend of mine. Weekly bounties, most of them. After he had to go, I finished up my bounties.

I did something I rarely do throughout the day. I went into each hunt with a different weapon. While my favorite weapons will always be Sword & Shield and (as of World) the Gunlance, when taking the Hunting Horn out with me on a solo hunt, I had been reminded just how much power that thing has behind it. I was hunting Dodogamas for the weekly bounty, and I didn't even need to sharpen before I took it out. (Don't ask how that's supposed to work with a blunt weapon...)

I imagine I'd have had similar results bringing a Hammer to that particular hunt, but I'm still amazed at how effective the Hunting Horn actually is. I hear people often underestimate the thing, or just misunderstand it outright. In some ways, I prefer it over the Hammer as a blunt weapon. It's got better reach, for one.

I wanna go through and master each and every one of the weapon types the game has to offer. All these varying playstyles are a lot of fun.

Have you ever encountered a monster turf war yet? During one of my hunts with some friends we were hunting a Deviljho and a Diablos interrupted our fight and both of them started going at it. We were grateful for the interruption because the Deviljho was kicking our asses - after moving a fair distance out of their way, I started to impersonate a sports commentator. It is one of the more interesting aspects of the game.

56 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Have you ever encountered a monster turf war yet? During one of my hunts with some friends we were hunting a Deviljho and a Diablos interrupted our fight and both of them started going at it. We were grateful for the interruption because the Deviljho was kicking our asses - after moving a fair distance out of their way, I started to impersonate a sports commentator. It is one of the more interesting aspects of the game.

I’ve lost count how many turf wars I’ve witnessed, honestly. I’ve been in the postgame for so long, I’ve grown used to them. lol

1 hour ago, Executor Akamia said:

I’ve lost count how many turf wars I’ve witnessed, honestly. I’ve been in the postgame for so long, I’ve grown used to them. lol

I think I need to make a funny voiceover for one of these fights because I always tend to it with my friends lol