Register Now
DC

Last Game Played

On 12/28/2019 at 6:01 AM, The Blackangel said:

How are you guys liking Shovel Knight? I picked it up a while back (due to it having SNES style graphics), but have never actually gotten around to playing it.

Ah, nostalgia.

I'm gonna echo Kingpotato here regarding the small details; it'll take some getting used to at first, because modern muscle memory will tell you to press A to select anything, whereas Shovel Knight typically uses the B button.

That said, I love it a lot. It's not as much of a nostalgia trip for me because I didn't grow up on NES or SNES games – the art style is mostly based on the former than the latter, drawing from NES Mega Man Classic and DuckTales for inspiration most evidently – but it's a rock-solid game even without the nostalgia factor. All four campaigns are great games in their own right, though with the variations in gameplay styles I'm certain everyone will have their favorites. I know I do.

With that in mind, the last game I played was Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope. I'm replaying the New Game+. I was more proficient playing as Shovel Knight than I ever was playing any of the other three characters in their campaigns, to the point that I almost 100% completed Shovel of Hope back when it was still just titled Shovel Knight. Though to be fair, I didn't try nearly as hard to master the other characters the way I tried to with Shovel Knight. Revisiting this campaign, though, I'm feeling some serious rust. 😂 I'm making progress, though.

Edited by Executor Akamia