Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you had to live in Rapture or Columbia ...

If you were forced to live in either BioShock's Rapture or Columbia (before the fall of either), which would you choose and why?

I honestly can’t decide which would be worse. Columbia seems more prejudicial and autocratic on the surface, but Rapture got to be extremely autocratic as well. I expect I’d pick Columbia just because it would give me the best shot at escape (although, as we know, stealing an airship is harder than it sounds).

@DylanC Tagging you on this since you're the only person on here I can think of who has played the series.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Dude, what ?? that's a horrible place to live 🤣

Both places are...

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Iran is a far nicer country than both places

I've never been there but considering it's not under the sea or in the sky I agree.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:07 PM, kingpotato said:

I have only played the first Bioshock and I can safely say that I dont want to be near Rapture 😆, it makes me claustrophobic knowing that the place is falling apart or will fall apart eventually.

Sometimes when I watch the water pouring through the ceiling, I laugh, because I am like "this water has been pouring into this room for years and still hasn't flooded it?? Where the heck is it all going??"

On 9/20/2019 at 8:00 AM, skyfire said:

Bioshock being one of my favorite game I'd go with the rapture considering that is infact a good world worth living in too.

I didn't realize that BioShock is among your favorite games! Which of the three do you like best?

Also, what are your reasons for picking Rapture? Obviously, Rapture turned into a nightmare, but I'm assuming you are alluding that some of its vision appealed to you?

22 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Neither considering both places are terrifying.

That's why I said if you had to pick one ... Sometimes all the choices you get in life are bad ones. Of course, you could always go back in time and drown yourself prior to the point in time where you'd be forced to make that choice, thus ensuring no version of you in any universe would ever have to move to Rapture or Columbia =D

12 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Both places are...

I've never been there but considering it's not under the sea or in the sky I agree.

The "under the sea" or "in the sky" are actually both winning points to me =D Its the politics of the places and the gene splicing nightmare that make me not want to go near them.

10 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I didn't realize that BioShock is among your favorite games! Which of the three do you like best?

Also, what are your reasons for picking Rapture? Obviously, Rapture turned into a nightmare, but I'm assuming you are alluding that some of its vision appealed to you?

First two. The first for references which made me like the Rapture more. And also it had lot of things worth exploring if the game script writers decides to do so. I was attracted to Rapture because I was always had this fantasy of either under the sea colonization or the deep space colonization. So such concepts are favorite to me. 

Edited by skyfire

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Sometimes when I watch the water pouring through the ceiling, I laugh, because I am like "this water has been pouring into this room for years and still hasn't flooded it?? Where the heck is it all going??"

I'm guessing the sewer and draining system was still a priority for Ryan even after all the chaos xD