Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most Satisfying Abilities in Video Games?

What are the most satisfying abilities/weapons in any games, just in terms of the pure joy you experience using them?

For me, I think my number one favorite is Murder of Crows in BioShock Infinite. There is just something about sending a flurry of squawking, savage birds to literally tear apart one’s enemies that just never gets old. The bees in the first two games were similar, but somehow not as exciting to watch/listen to.

In Skyrim, I really love Storm Call. I love that the lightning strikes multiple foes simultaneously. It really gives you a feeling of godlike power. I can’t for the life of me remember when or how I got it though. I think maybe it was near the end of the main quest line.

What to you are the most satisfying abilities to use in video games?

@DylanC @Executor Akamia @killamch89 @kingpotato @Alyxx @skyfire @The Blackangel

Synthetic ascension in Stellaris is one of my favorite things in any strategy game, ever, especially if a given playthrough has been particularly rough on me. Not only does the main species (who starts the game organic) become robotic, your empire gains a significant boost to production, planet habitability becomes practically a non-issue to the point that you can even take over machine worlds from midgame Machine Intelligence empires with no issues – though hive worlds from organic Hive Mind empires might still need to be terraformed – and you are no longer considered a target by Determined Exterminator-type Machine Intelligences, removing their total war casus belli against you and enabling diplomacy. That last bit in particular is something I aim to take advantage of during a playthrough one day; by vassalizing a Determined Exterminator as a synth empire, I can make them fight for me as defenders of the organics they so badly want to destroy whether they like it or not.

The ability that I love is the Dragon Aspect Shout in Skyrim especially when you unlock the third word. It turns you into a Dragon God quite literally with a buff to every offensive and defensive stat. My only pet peeves are that it lasts 5 mins and can only be used once every 24 hrs.