Register Now
killamch89

Best Batman Arkham Game

As a massive fan of the Batman Arkham series, this has to be one of the few superhero games that I can say is comparable to some of the best games ever released. The story is amazing (no surprise there, I mean it's about Batman), The gameplay is very fluid and is challenging ( A lot of superhero games usually mess up in the gameplay department but the Arkham series does a very good job of letting you feel like Batman) and the mini-games are pretty interesting and unique. My favorite pick for the best of the entire series has to go to Arkham city, just because of the gameplay features (driving the Batmobile and swinging and gliding throughout the city gives the purest form of the Batman experience and the story was very gripping from start to finish.

Which Arkham game is your favorite and why?

16 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Arkham city is the best one, Arkham asylum is good and introduce us to the game mechanics but the finale was shit. Arkham Knight was okay I guess, not bad but not memorable except for the Batmobile, and I feel like Arkham city has more like a comic book vibe and Arkham knight feels like a movie adaptation.

I mean they did miss out some of the gadgets such as the robot suit and the jetpack but I'm satisfied otherwise with Arkham City. If they ever plan to make another Batman game ever again, I hope they make you be able to play as both Bruce Wayne and Batman.

I did remember about Batman Arkham Origins but we will just treat it like the black sheep of the family - act like it didn't exist. 🤣 Honestly, it felt more like an Arkham city DLC than an addition to the series. They re-used a lot of assets from Arkham city and most of the gameplay mechanics but the game was plagued with some serious glitches.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I did remember about Batman Arkham Origins but we will just treat it like the black sheep of the family - act like it didn't exist. 🤣 Honestly, it felt more like an Arkham city DLC than an addition to the series. They re-used a lot of assets from Arkham city and most of the gameplay mechanics but the game was plagued with some serious glitches.

Yeah I didn't enjoy playing Arkham Origins, well it was not made by the same developer.

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I dunno, I haven't played them yet. Grabbed them for free on Epic so I might play through them soon.

The best Batman superhero experience in a video game by a long mile. I'm not sure i can think of any other superhero series I've played where it immersed you into the world of a particular superhero quite like the Arkham series. You'll enjoy it for sure except maybe Origins because it's shit.

I’ve played the first two Batman games thoroughly. I preferred the more linear nature of the first one, personally. Loved the creepy Croc fight in the sewers. The final boss was a wee bit of a letdown, though. Overall, I think Arkham Asylum is my fave. Couldn’t get into Arkham Knight. I’ve heard Origins is surprisngly decent.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The best Batman superhero experience in a video game by a long mile. I'm not sure i can think of any other superhero series I've played where it immersed you into the world of a particular superhero quite like the Arkham series. You'll enjoy it for sure except maybe Origins because it's shit.

I've heard good things about the series. I might try Origins as well just to see how shit it is.

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

I’ve played the first two Batman games thoroughly. I preferred the more linear nature of the first one, personally. Loved the creepy Croc fight in the sewers. The final boss was a wee bit of a letdown, though. Overall, I think Arkham Asylum is my fave. Couldn’t get into Arkham Knight. I’ve heard Origins is surprisngly decent.

If you consider Origins surprisingly decent I might too, lol.

6 hours ago, Alyxx said:

If you consider Origins surprisingly decent I might too, lol.

The only reason I even call it shit is because it's not as good as the others which are great games in their own right and for the most part, it feels more like an expansion of Arkham city than a completely different game. The multiplayer mode is crap though - just putting it out there.

11 hours ago, DylanC said:

It's like an Arkham City DLC than a full-blown game in its own right and the problems that plagued Origins at launch also helped to solidify its position as the worst one.

16 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The only reason I even call it shit is because it's not as good as the others which are great games in their own right and for the most part, it feels more like an expansion of Arkham city than a completely different game. The multiplayer mode is crap though - just putting it out there.

Sounds like it might be decent then. lol
I am so used to people exaggerating on the internet since a lot of games I love are being called trash.