Register Now
killamch89

Card Games

I haven't been the biggest fan of the Card game genre and although I have played a few (mainly Yugioh games and the mini-game on FF8) on different platforms, I have never really gotten into it. I have recently challenged myself to try different genres of games I am not necessarily fond of and see if I find something that changes my perspective towards them. Can you recommend me some card games that are 1)fun to play and 2) won't get ridiculously repetitive.

Triple Triad is always fun. I play it all the time when I’m on FF8. But a game you might get into that I enjoyed the hell out of when I was younger was Magic The Gathering. It’s a really immersive game and there’s some players out there that are hard core. If you pick up a starter deck, most will play you to help you learn. Depending on your opponents deck, things can get sadistic. An infect deck will wipe your ass out of the game quick. The national championship is fun to watch. Those players can build a deck that would make non players shake. It gets crazy.

Don’t get me wrong, most usually everyone’s really friendly.  Granted there’s always an asshole or two. But that’s the chance you take in everything.

Edited by The Blackangel

21 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Triple Triad is always fun. I play it all the time when I’m on FF8. But a game you might get into that I enjoyed the hell out of when I was younger was Magic The Gathering. It’s a really immersive game and there’s some players out there that are hard core. If you pick up a starter deck, most will play you to help you learn. Depending on your opponents deck, things can get sadistic. An infect deck will wipe your ass out of the game quick. The national championship is fun to watch. Those players can build a deck that would make non players shake. It gets crazy.

Don’t get me wrong, most usually everyone’s really friendly.  Granted there’s always an asshole or two. But that’s the chance you take in everything.

Thanks for the recommendations and i'll check out Magic The Gathering.

16 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I only enjoy playing with Yugioh, and lately I've been trying to get into Gwent in Witcher 3.

I played Gwent a few times but not my style at all. Yugioh games in my opinion, are still the best in this category. I'm just looking to see if anything else can top it.

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think I remember recently someone made those clash of clans and the league of legends type card games. I think most of the Korean games on android are like that. 

Those two games are packed with Microtransactions so I'm definitely not going anywhere near them.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I played Gwent a few times but not my style at all. Yugioh games in my opinion, are still the best in this category. I'm just looking to see if anything else can top it.

Those two games are packed with Microtransactions so I'm definitely not going anywhere near them.

This is one reason I am giving up on many MOBA games too. 

Anything you pick up, if you're wanting to learn by playing, just make sure to learn from someone who doesn't base their self worth on winning. First off they will be a shit teacher. Second If you do beat them, even in a learning state, they will lose it. You need to find someone who knows the game, and is willing to work with you at your speed to get you to a point that you know what you're doing when you do start playing. I would hold off on tournaments for a while in any card games, but that's just me.

45 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Anything you pick up, if you're wanting to learn by playing, just make sure to learn from someone who doesn't base their self worth on winning. First off they will be a shit teacher. Second If you do beat them, even in a learning state, they will lose it. You need to find someone who knows the game, and is willing to work with you at your speed to get you to a point that you know what you're doing when you do start playing. I would hold off on tournaments for a while in any card games, but that's just me.

I'm a more take-it-on-the-chin kind of learner so I can handle the initial hardships. I much prefer to learn on my own so that i can develop my own unique style of play.

On 9/22/2019 at 7:13 AM, The Blackangel said:

great advice thank u for sharing

I love video poker!  However, I haven't played in years.  Anyway, I got hooked on that - cause I lived on this Pacific Island full of poker houses. 

On 9/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, The Blackangel said:

The strategy on video poker, at least - is a big bankroll. It's kind of like a biz investment.  However, though, comically - who has the cash?