Register Now
killamch89

Sega Genesis Mini - Are You Getting It?

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

One of the funniest things I ever heard was a kid trying to talk so "matter of factly" about some games. He was telling someone about Zelda 2 being released on SNES. The other kid tried to tell him that Zelda 2 was on NES, and the idiot one told him, with complete superiority, that there was only one Zelda game on NES. I had to intervene at that point. I told him that Zelda 2: The Adventure Of Link was the second Zelda game, and that it was in fact, on the original NES. That it was the side scrolling Zelda. The one with many towns. You learn spells instead of items that you can equip. He fully informed me that I was wrong and that there was no side scrolling Zelda. I invited him over to show him that there was in fact a side scrolling Zelda. When he saw it, he went white as a ghost. Now it was my turn to give facts and information. I told him he was a fucking retard, and so damn stupid he made a rock look like a Rhodes scholar. I asked what year he was born and he said he was born in 2001. I told him that Nintendo had released 4 consoles since the NES (SNES, N64, Virtual Boy, Game Cube) before he was even born. I asked him if he had even ever seen an actual NES system and he refused to answer. So I slapped him in the mouth and told him that the next time he wanted to educate someone, he had better know what the fuck he was talking about. Then gave him 3 seconds to get out of my house before I shot him. He took off with his tail tucked firmly between his legs. Probably to make sure his head stayed up his ass.

I'll tell you some information that is something you need to know people: It's easier to take your head out of your ass if you don't have your foot in your mouth.

I mean they are just kids so I agree with @Alyxx that it was a tad harsh - If it was a full grown adult then your response would be more appropriate.

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I refuse to tolerate stupidity. If he had said he had thought that there was only one and accepted that he was mistaken then there would have been no problem. But since he had decided that he was smart and correct on the subject, that was when the problem entered the situation.

Ignorance is one thing. That is cured by learning. Everyone is ignorant about more than they’re educated about. Stupidity on the other hand, is inexcusable. It is not to be accepted or tolerated.

Doesn't excuse your behaviour in my opinion. I think you went a bit too far. Would've been enough to just educate him, I don't see why it was okay to outright verbally abuse the kid.

I guess I need to explain the way we talk in Missouri. “Kid” doesn’t mean child. These kids were in their mid 20’s, with the exception of the kid in question. He is almost 19. I’m 37. Here we call anyone younger than us, even if it’s only a week, a kid. My best friend is only 3 years younger than me, and I’m always referring to her as a kid. It’s the way we talk. It never crossed my mind to clarify that. If the kids had been young, I would have handled the situation entirely different. 

Edited by The Blackangel

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I guess I need to explain the way we talk in Missouri. “Kid” doesn’t mean child. These kids were in their mid 20’s, with the exception of the kid in question. He is almost 19. I’m 37. Here we call anyone younger than us, even if it’s only a week, a kid. My best friend is only 3 years younger than me, and I’m always referring to her as a kid. It’s the way we talk. It never crossed my mind to clarify that. If the kids had been young, I would have handled the situation entirely different. 

LOL! Well that is far more appropriate - when i used to work with the government there was an 19 year old who had to call his mother to help him fill out a simple form. I was in shock as to how utterly hopeless he was and it wasn't like he had any physical or mental challenges - he was just spoilt by his mum so she had to the basics for him.

I've always had a weird problem with forms. They're like kryptonite to me. So I have to have help with them too. If the kid was spoiled and sheltered to the point of not being able to do anything for himself, then that's sad. In my case, I don't honestly know what the cause/reason is for me having such a hard time with them is. It's like someone reaches up and presses a stupefy button on my forehead when they give me any kind of form to fill out.

"Nobody move! I dropped my brain."

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I've always had a weird problem with forms. They're like kryptonite to me. So I have to have help with them too. If the kid was spoiled and sheltered to the point of not being able to do anything for himself, then that's sad. In my case, I don't honestly know what the cause/reason is for me having such a hard time with them is. It's like someone reaches up and presses a stupefy button on my forehead when they give me any kind of form to fill out.

"Nobody move! I dropped my brain."

It was even the fact that he couldn't fill it out properly because he didn't understand that really annoyed me. It was his childish attitude that was doing my head in - he was like "Mom! I can't do this! I want to go back to playing my Nintendo DS! Mom!" I looking at the age in the passport because I was under the impression that I must have read his age wrong.

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ah okay.. in that case I can see why you reacted like you did. Still kinda harsh though.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:10 PM, Alyxx said:

Ah okay.. in that case I can see why you reacted like you did. Still kinda harsh though.

Not necessarily because the amount of retarded delusional adults in the current generation is frightening - I'd never take any advice from them at all.

On 10/4/2019 at 11:02 PM, killamch89 said:

Not necessarily because the amount of retarded delusional adults in the current generation is frightening - I'd never take any advice from them at all.

Yeah but once you have informed them I don't see the need to continue being an asshole to them... Like, try to be friendly instead of acting like a bigot imo. You're not automatically excused of being an asshole to someone just because they act like a jackass.

Edited by Alyxx

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Yeah but once you have informed them I don't see the need to continue being an asshole to them... Like, try to be friendly instead of acting like a bigot imo. You're not automatically excused of being an asshole to someone just because they act like a jackass.

Personally I'd just ignore them since it wasn't my business in the first place anyway. 9/10 time If my direct interference is not needed, I'm not going to get involved.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Personally I'd just ignore them since it wasn't my business in the first place anyway. 9/10 time If my direct interference is not needed, I'm not going to get involved.

Yeah that's even better... Don't let others' stupidity affect you.