Register Now
killamch89

Sega Genesis Mini - Are You Getting It?

I would get it if I had money, but right now, I don't.

I loved Genesis when I was a kid. I bought it, even. Was sold by my father without my consent or intent to communicate to me about it or whatever.

I wish we'd kept it, but alas, we didn't. 😞

1 hour ago, Carlos X said:

I would get it if I had money, but right now, I don't.

I loved Genesis when I was a kid. I bought it, even. Was sold by my father without my consent or intent to communicate to me about it or whatever.

I wish we'd kept it, but alas, we didn't. 😞

You could just get an emulator online and download most of the games - and it's free by the way so you can definitely afford it.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, killamch89 said:

You could just get an emulator online and download most of the games - and it's free by the way so you can definitely afford it.

Most emulators I find on the internet, especially on my phone... it's usually pre-loaded with viruses or malware.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:32 PM, Alyxx said:

Or get them on Steam. Bunch of Sega games there.

I can use steam, just not a fan of playing Sega or 2D on PC. I'd need to buy a fully compatible 6-button controller (like the retro-bit/8bitdo controllers).

On 10/15/2019 at 8:38 PM, The Blackangel said:

I still have both the series 1 Sega and the series 2 Sega. They work great and I love playing them.

My father sold them when I was a kid, so eh.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:57 PM, Alyxx said:

It's also not that expensive or difficult finding a second hand model 1 or model 2 Genesis.

Don't have my old games, so eh.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:34 AM, Carlos X said:

Most emulators I find on the internet, especially on my phone... it's usually pre-loaded with viruses or malware.

Fair point you have there although I know quite a bit of people with the emulator...As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, some of the older members here had this very same discussion but I can't remember the exact thread.