Register Now
killamch89

Runescape Comes Under Scrutiny After Player Spends $62,000 On Microtransactions

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think guy must be some sort of rich gamer or some sort of the youtube creator with money in hand. I blame such gamers for making the game industry like this. 

They do play a significant part in enabling gaming companies to proceed with their predatory practices of ripping us off. I have also known of gamers who have taken out small loans just to pay for items in-game so it isn't always the rich gamers that indulge in this kind of practice.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They do play a significant part in enabling gaming companies to proceed with their predatory practices of ripping us off. I have also known of gamers who have taken out small loans just to pay for items in-game so it isn't always the rich gamers that indulge in this kind of practice.

Yeah I mean people who spend a lot of on loot boxes, skins and the weapons, kind of put other gamers in bad situation. 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

There's so much I could do with $62k. Hey to the next whackadoodle that's gonna spend that kind of cash on a god damn video game, spread the fucking wealth pal.

I agree wholeheartedly - I've never ever spent $1000 dollars on a game but this guy racked up $62,000K? He should have every ultra rare item in the game right now.

I don't know if I've even made $62k total in my entire life. If I had that kind of money, I'll admit I would make a couple frivolous purchases. Probably add to my Zippo or skull collection, or maybe a few of the more expensive video games I've been wanting. But the rest would go to fixing a few things like my van, putting a security system in my house, paying off a few bills and loans at the pawn shop, and getting one of those big greasy cheeseburgers. Anything left would go into a savings account that I couldn't touch for the next 15 years, unless I had a letter from a doctor saying that it was medically necessary. And even then, I could only get what was required and not a penny more.

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

The thing is that if we earn 62 k all over our life we will make small mistakes and play safe but the people who are into paying this much sum are playing very risky game of spending a lot on game. 

Spending $62,000 US on a video game is a lot even by the higher spenders I've known across multiple MMOs. I've known someone who has spent $7000 dollars on a game and I thought that was horrendous but this is an addiction.

Who in their right mind will spent 62000 dollars on a game? I don't even spend a single dime on Apex Legends even though I played it every week.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, skyfire said:

I think guy must be some sort of rich gamer or some sort of the youtube creator with money in hand. I blame such gamers for making the game industry like this. 

I agree, this is the consumer fault, we can blame the company all we want but at the end of the day the publisher is happy that some idiot spent 62000 dollars