Register Now
kingpotato

I miss the early 2000s

There were so many things I loved about the early Aughts, and that timeframe in my life. One of the best things though that I miss the most was the early internet. It wasn't flooded with the masses yet, and was still in the late early-adopter stage, so communities tended to be smaller and closer, and there was very little trolling and BS compared to today. Anyway, this forum reminds me of those times, so it is a throwback in the best of ways. 

21 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

All I know about the early 2000’s is I lived in an abandoned warehouse with a colony of rats, and I was doing drugs. Virtually everything.

No person should have to survive in such circumstances, but it makes me particularly angry that it happened to you.

23 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I wouldn’t call it colorful. Bleak would be more appropriate. When you’re homeless and doing all the drugs you can get your hands on, there’s not a lot of color.

Yeah I can imagine. Just saying at least you can say you've hit rock bottom and survived.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:20 PM, Alyxx said:

All I remember from the early 2000's was playing Snake on my Nokia 5110 and playing Command & Conquer Red Alert on my PC.

I was also playing Max Payne on PC as well as Halo on the original Xbox - The Good times

On 9/20/2019 at 5:24 PM, The Blackangel said:

I wouldn’t call it colorful. Bleak would be more appropriate. When you’re homeless and doing all the drugs you can get your hands on, there’s not a lot of color.

It's good that you at least survived and are able to live a decent life now.

To be honest I love the current time. I wish I was young. The reason being games and graphics is way better now than in retro days. I mean think about it. We were looking for graphics of todays quality in that time. And we had pretty much slow computers back then. 

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

To be honest I love the current time. I wish I was young. The reason being games and graphics is way better now than in retro days. I mean think about it. We were looking for graphics of todays quality in that time. And we had pretty much slow computers back then. 

I disagree. While, you're right that the graphics are more advanced, I don't think the games are better. In the early days, the games were more creative, and more unique. The creators of Zelda were scared that it would flop, or at the very least have no market in the west. Look at it now. It was a revelation. Then there were obscure games with wild storylines that have a cult following, but outside of that no one has heard of it. Whereas today, everything is a sequel. CoD, GTA, Elder Scrolls, GoW, Final Fantasy, the list goes on. There is very little originality in games, if any at all. Granted I'm a fan of a couple of the series that I mentioned, and Skyrim is one of the biggest games in the world right now, but true originality is just not in the market anymore. They see the sequels bringing in money, take the game and put "Game Name" 2 on the cover and everyone goes apeshit and buys it.

Who here has played Astynax? Quest 64? Rygar? Tinhead? Taboo The 6th Sense? Or how about Mario Bros? That's Mario Bros, not Super Mario Bros. How about a more common game. Illusion Of Gaia. Have you played it? Or are you too busy playing Skyrim/CoD/GTA etc.?

Edited by The Blackangel