Register Now
The Blackangel

Songs You Remember From Your Childhood

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I was born in 89 and that's what I grew up listening to as well - Backstreet boys, Janet Jackson.

I kinda outgrew boybands after a while (always preferred Backstreet over NSYNC btw - BACKSTREET'S BACK, ALRIGHT!), but female pop stars easily replaced them when I got older, people like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, even some of Black Eyed Peas. The 2000s were the period when I got old enough and my music taste really started to develop. By the time the 2010s rolled around, no pop artist has ever caught my attention (except maybe Billie Eilish's one song, No Time to Die). I like the song "Bang Bang," but Jessie J and Ariana's songs just don't really grab me the same way Katy and Lady Gaga's earlier hits did. Hot N Cold, Telephone, Edge of Glory, Part of Me; these all had a kind of melody that felt really bubbly and adrenaline-pumping the way club music feels. Modern pop music feels like it has a more somber and subtle tone to it, like that adrenaline's been toned down and not as shouty or loud anymore, which is a shame. Even post '90s Britney had Toxic, and that was easily one of the most iconic and memorable pop songs of all time that just makes me want to dance everytime it comes on. Let's not forget Womanizer either.

I know it's kinda cliched to say this, but they don't make music like these anymore, at least not in the way that appeals to me. lol

Edited by Akun

I was born in 1982 and grew up listening to bands like Poison, Whitelion, Cinderella, Mötley Crüe, Faster Pussycat, Ratt, and Bon Jovi just to name a few. After listening to music that attained perfection in 1986 (scientific fact😉) having to listen to the shit puked up in the 90's was murder on the ears. I stopped listening to the radio in the early 90's and stuck to my tapes and mix tapes that I had put together.