Register Now
StaceyPowers

Silly ways you've met friends in video games

If you play MMOs, what are some silly stories about how you made friends in the game?

As I was telling @killamch89 in another thread I think, I remember one time when I was away from the keyboard in an MMO, because I had to minimize the screen so my parents wouldn’t see it. When I came back, I found that a member of a mafia in the game had robbed me of all my cash. His brother offered to pay it back, which was probably a way to put me in his debt. Ironically, we ended up being friends.

Another silly story is a time that someone in the same game killed me completely at random one day. Since he was a new-ish player, I tried to be nice about it and explain to him why this was poor behaviour. He disappeared, and a few days later, one of the game’s top combatants, who I have never talked to in my life, is killing people who have bugged me. It turns out that he was that guy’s alt.

Anyone else have any weird or funny stories about meeting people in video games?

I used to play Lords Mobile a while back (I plan on going back soon) and we used to have a thing called kingdom wars where players from two or three kingdoms went head to head to see who is superior. I once ported to a hive (a cluster of players in a specific area was called a hive) and I saw this one player and attacked him. Unknown to me at the time, he was attacking a guild from his own kingdom(which is stupid for obvious reasons). So I destroyed him and I started getting messages from the members of that guild that I was their savior etc. Long story short - that guild ended up helping us to win the kingdom wars and shortly after the event they migrated to our kingdom where our guild (we were the rulers of the kingdom at the time) took them in as allies and protected them.

I met a lot of good people on forums and the discord. I think discord tend to be one good place for some games in the past and even to date now. But my minecraft group has parted. And also some other gaming groups too after say 6 months slows down on the community. Lot of friends stay in touch with facebook. 

I played a random game called "Guns of Glory" (just to earn in-game points in my main game that I'm playing at that time) then someone messaged me to join in their kingdom and since I'm a newbie, I joined to their kingdom like really don't care at all...but I'm glad I joined with their kingdom because they're really fun to hang out with and it became a new reason for me to play the game. Nice lads!